Finding Truth : Forum : TAKING ON THE TRUTH #1

TAKING ON THE TRUTH #1

17 Years Ago

I want to start it off with something different.
The first truth we will seek is not really a word but a date....
DECEMBER 21, 2012...The final day the Mayans had on their calender that was made thousands and thousands of years ago.

*2012*

The Mayan Calender says it will be the end of the world as we know it.

It will be fun to see what people have to say about what will happen or what won't happen.....or just anything you would like to say!

Just post your work below in the forum.

You can write in any form you want.
Just remember it has to be at least 15 lines, and you must include the date 2012 in the work somewhere.

Final day to post will be next Monday-2/26/07 at 8 P.M.

I will then post up the few to be voted the following Tuesday morning.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

As I sit here on this day in time, I ponder to my self if my fate is really mine.
Elders of the past have predicted the path where we are headin,
calling this day "the end of days"....the inevitable armagedon.
This is the day in which I must account for all the wrongs I've done.
How I laughed at another's expense, simply because I called it fun.
I have to answer the reason I pasted the begger with his hands reaching for hope,
not because I had not a dime to spare, but because I needed my dope.
The man above will ask why I felt it nesseary to find a 6 a.m. fix.
Why when it came to stopping, my will broke like brittle little sticks.
Why I did not confide in Him and ask for help, and why in the eyes of my father I said,
"I can handle this myself."
The year is 2012, but the day is unknown, only to say that in this time,
my mistakes are my own.
Funny thing is, that when stabbing that needle in my arm,
I never cried out for help, thinking I was doing no harm -- Except to myself.
Now here I sit burning in the flames of hell, forever in my sorrow, in my thoughts to dwell.
Now I cry out, "OH GOD, SAVE ME PLEASE!!" But He hears me not, for in life I could never hit my knees.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

6/17/2012
[size=24][/size] IS THE END NEAR?
by T.A.Jones - AP

The world is in an uproar.There has been mass panic in the streets of London and Bangkok alike. From the poorest beggar in the streets to the richest in their towers.No one is above the terror that grips the human heart.Today is June 17, 2012 and tomorrow is the end of the world.

Or so this reporter has been told. While I cannot, for obvious reasons, give the name of my source. I have it on very good authority that tomorrow is it. Finished, done, that's it, the die is cast. And there will be no repreave.

Now I'm not condoning it nor am I here to refute it. But I will say that if this is the last column I will ever write then there are a few things I want to say.

First, I love my kids and my husband. And I hope they know that. I apologize to any one I have wronged or believed to have wronged in any way. I never meant to hurt anybody, though it is unavoidable.

I hope that when the world remakes it self millenia from now, that our souls will still be floating around the recesses of space to return to each other once more. Perhaps by then the spirit of the human race will have figured out how to evolve as fast as the physical body does.

Or maybe we will return as another form, maybe the Great End will be just that. who knows, but I for one will do my best to face the end tomorrow and if it does not come? Then I know one person who should make a reservation at the hospital , because they are going to need it.

This is T.A.Jones
signing off.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

future be kind
because we are all falling apart
i have a natural way of accepting this
placing it in my own convienence
in the year 2012
i will be forty-two years old
my feet upon this earth-clay-sand-stone
and nightmares that breed insecurity or pride
(i cannot make out the difference between)
the breath i take in
i give back out
when we all die
when we all die
i will fold fold my hands
in the futures embrace
and though i didn't get far
at least i tried.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

2012, the end I've feared so well,
flying through the heavens or dancing in Hell,
truth is not about believing but knowing,
and knowing is truth found through experience,
2012, my experience may begin,
there's no room for logic -
still, I shield my sin.

2012, massive in it's wake,
segregating the minds intelligence -
meek or swank,
no truths will be core as many will perceive,
just masters and servents,
comets and skies,
broken winged angel's tears between my thighs,
will nothing be sacred? will it all die?
2012 - you cannot hide.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I never believed this day would come. I heard about it as I was forced to sit through sermon after sermon with my parents as a child. Judgement day will come. We must be ready. We must be prepared to look in the eyes of our Lord and be judged.

I rolled my eyes then, thinking that such a foreboding premonition was preposterous. Now, as the world seemed to fall apart around me, I wish I hadn't been so skeptical. I declared my atheism to my parents on the day I left for college, and I saw the heartbreak in their eyes. I had pushed away all their efforts to save me because I didn't believe in the God they so incessantly lauded.

I see a calendar hanging on an otherwise bare wall through a cracked, dirty window. I notice that today's date- June 11th, 2012- has been circled in red. I wonder why someone circled this day. Had they known that this would be the last day of existence? As I pondered, I said a silent prayer for the person who had drawn the circle on the calendar. I hoped that their life could be spared even though I knew better. The prayer came naturally, much to my surprise. I couldn't remember the last time I had spoken to a higher power, seeking comfort.

A calming peace came over me, a feeling of serenity that had alluded me for most of my life. I fell to my knees on the cracked sidewalk as a bright light surrounded me. I closed my eyes, waiting. Waiting. A hand touches my shoulder, sending shivers down my spine. No words are spoken, no sound is made. I feel my heart flutter and I become weightless. Soon I will be flying, flying.

I open my eyes as the heat around me becomes unbearable. I am falling. The air that surrounds me is scorching hot, and I scream in agony. My voice is lost in a cacophony of other helpless, tortured screams.

I should have believed.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm a liar. Little white lies about those pants looking great. Asking about somebody's day, not because I care. The make up on my face and the dye in my hair. The padded push up bra holding me in the fully upright and seated position.

My daughter acts like the patron saint of virtue, and I go along with it. I pull the wool over my own eyes when she walks in at night, with red eyes and a sweet tooth. I drown my gut instincts with brownies and ignorance when my husband works late. I can't answer the creditors calls, because I have to go to the spa in my Lexus. They have me on speed dial over there.

I stand in church every Sunday, praying to something I'm not sure exists. I confess my sins, but omit the ones I'm truly ashamed of. I look around the mass of faces, and my eyes rest on Charlie Shepard. His body twisted on his wheelchair, drool escaping his lips. All the praying his mother did, the donations she gave for collection didn't help. Yet here they are, and here I am too.

2012 is fast appoaching, the end of life as we know it. It's being dismissed as folklore, heresay and nonsense. They're comparing it to the Y2K event almost 12 years ago. The funny thing about being such a liar is that it's easy to tell when you're getting lied to.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Can the end be predicted,
by a date or a time?
December 12, 2012
I then take my final breath
Just twenty years old
A younging still
My life will be over
Silenced
A bomb may explode
From the east or the west;
Or maybe all truthes will be spilled
About life, death and beyond
My due date has been stamped
My milk will be spoiled
Just wait until 2012
For I will be no more.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

As the ground began to shake, I wondered if my life would be over. I wasn't sure if the trembling ground was a sign or if it was simply an earthquake. I was scared since I had never felt one before. I looked for a safe place to hide, waiting for the ground to stand still. I looked around me and saw fear in everyone's eyes. This was no earthquake. As the fear really began to set in, I remembered my sister was alone. I knew she wasn't going to be able to handle something as big as this. We had been warned that this would be the end of the world and she believed it more than anyone else. I kept telling her it was nonsense but now I was beginning to think she was right.

I heard a car crash into another car and looked in the direction of the sound. A black BMW was on fire from the impact. People were screaming as three men ran to the rescue. A woman, covered in blood, was pulled out of the black car as the red beatle began to burst into flames. I heard someone yell. "Everyone back! Its going to blow!" I could feel my heart racing.

I had to pull it together and get out of there so I could get back to my sister. But how? Just then I saw a car parked with the engine running. I stumbled to the car and jumped in. The three the shift into gear and peeled tires. I swerved to miss falling branches a few times trying to get home. I pulled into the driveway as a telephone poll began to fall right at me. I dropped to the pavement and covered my head. The car broke the fall. Glass shattered all over me. I jumped up and ran to the house as fast as I could. I looked back once I made it to the front door. Live wires were bouncing everywhere. I was lucky to be alive.

I turned around and opened the door. "Mandy!" I called out to my sister. There was no answer. Was she hurt? Was she dead? I panicked. This was my little sister. What was I going to do if something happened to her. I began to regret leaving her alone while our parents were out of town. Mother told me never to let her out of my sight. Now she was missing. How was I going to live with myself if she died because I didn't listen to Mother?

"Sarah?" I heard a soft voice calling to me. I felt so much relief come over me when I heard her voice. It was faint but I could still hear her. She was in the basement. How she got there, I didn't know. I didn't care as long as she was safe. I ran through the house, stumbled to open the door and fell down the stairs. "Are you all right?"

"Yea, I'm fine. What are you doing down here?" I said as she helped me up. We heard a crash outside the window and we jumped.

"I'm scared, Sarah. I didn't know the end of the world was going to happen like this. What are we going to do?" Mandy asked me. I wish I had an answer to that one. I always had before but now that it really mattered, I didn't know what to say. I felt so helpless. I was terrified. I knew Mandy was terrified too. The world was ending. There was no where to run and there was no one to help us. We were going to die.

"Ringgggggg"
"All right class, don't forget the test will be on Monday. Have a nice weekend," Miss Thompson said. I looked down at my desk and saw slobber on my arms. I wiped it off and stood up. I couldn't belive this was just a dream. It felt so real.

The End
By Amber Rigby Grosjean

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

December 12, 2012. The supposed "end of the world." People are screaming and yelling outside of my apartment, protecting bottled water with their lives and shooting guns and invisible foes.

I'm not sure if the Mayan's were right about this destroying all of society...but if it does, I'm sure it's going to be less of a God stomping his foot on the planet, but just regular humans with nuclear bombs.

My roommate, Shellie, stands next to the window, looking at the carnage. She closes the blinds in disgust. "It's like all the creeps and psychos are rounded up around here," she mutters under her breath.

"I'm sure there are creeps and psychos with automatic weapons all over the place now," I say, looking at her. "You believe the news?"

"I've heard of crazier s**t before," she said, laughing a bit. She looks so fearless about the whole thing. She walks over to the cramped kitchen, out of sight. I hear bangs and clanks before she walks back with a small, thick bottle and two glasses.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Jack. If I'm going to see Armageddon, I'm sure as hell not going to face it sober." I laugh, agreeing with her idea. She starts to pour when I stopped her so I'd do it for her. I pour a glass and hand it to her. She thanks me as I pour mine.

Half a bottle later, Shellie blurts out in the beginnings of a slur, "You know, it's funny...I considered myself a decent girl before--a few impure thoughts and acts sure--but still...now I want to do just about every crazy, sinful act possible, just to make up for it. Am I going to hell?"

"Most likely," I say, "but don't worry about it--I'll be there keeping you company." She lets out a cute snort at that. She says something about probably needing to slow down, and I remind her that it's the end of the world--no hangover. We laugh, agreeing that this is the sweetest part of the end of the world.

The bottle's now almost completely gone, with plates filled with pizza and cookies and ice cream ("To hell with it! I won't be able to fit in those size 8 jeans anyway! Both me and the jeans will be ash tomorrow!" Shellie yelled) spilled all over the coffee table. Shellie lies down next to me on the couch, her legs wrapped around mine and her head on my chest. We both thought the heater went out a while ago--whether it was the s****y apartment or the mayhem outside, we didn't know--so it was kinda necessary. It felt...nice. It wasn't that I never thought of Shellie like that--she is an attractive girl with a man's heart inside--but I never thought she'd feel the same. But, her shaking hands and hitching breath gave it away--I don't know how, but I knew that it did.

"I'm kinda scared," I hear her whisper into my chest. She moves her head up and meets mine. "I always liked you." We kiss, pulling everything we have in it, so as we can turn off the increasing volume of the carnage outside.

It's now either night or early morning. It could have happened 3 hours ago, or will happen in 2 minutes, I don't know. I can't tell--only have electronic watches near me and the power went out what could have been minutes or hours ago.

We decided to stay close, moving only so we could get a soft blanket to wrap over our naked bodies. She sleeps, shifting and moaning as if in a bad dream. I hold her closer and she quiets down.

I still don't know if it's the end of the world, but I know this--either way, things will be really different now...

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

is it due!
no, the hearing's tomorrow
today's the jones mediation

but there's something
what's late?
no got that
sent her an email
that got postponed
when's the last i called mom?

lil red's birthday's
next week
easy bake?
cabbage patch
but what
why

12 21 2012

s**t.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Rainbow warriors
and star children alike
various assortments
of love, and
excite;
2012, blue comets, and
love divine.
We shall all hold hands
and return to,
ONE entwined.
Feel the vibes,
of love and laughter
accept this fate, this day
and forever after

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Twas the year 2012,
and on every dark steet
Not a creature was stirring,
at least none with a beat

A biological disaster,
caused a virus to spread
To epicdemic porportions,
And behold, the living dead.

So now, here we sit,
and as a group we must stay.
With our genetic anomalies,
and immune DNA.

Deep moans through the night,
means we mustn't be choosy.
When it comes time to hunt,
we gotta strap on those Uzis

And when back to our quaters,
I look around for my girl.
To flare hopes for our race,
it's not the end of the world.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I am probably not the best person to respond to this question because I have not done research on it but I hope that those who read my comment will understand that my response is a general one based on the notion of the world ending on a certain day on 2012.
Perhaps the questions I would ask myself are:" what does it mean to say 'the end of the world as we understand it' or just simply 'the end of the world'". I am led to believe that there could be as many responses to these questions as we are on this forum, if not more. My understanding is that our responses will vary depending on whether we view "the end" in connotative or denotative contexts, which is our way of life anyway. And a permutation of these contexts just on the members of our panel would lead to several and different possibilities of what could happen on 2012! Consequently I don't know that I could imagine a conclusive idea about the shape of the world on 2012. Thank you for reading.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Credit

My credit card expires 12/2012;
Six more days and it�s over.
The machine takes my information
Processes me inside the fence.
Back when my kids were little
It never occurred to me that

Obsolescence is the only constant�

Just digits in the system
They tell us who we are
What we�re worth.
Where we stand and how long.

Life is in the numbers�

But who knew that we would miss so much;
Fried foods, no curfews
Travel wherever you please
Never thinking it would end
But in the back of your mind

You always knew�

Afganistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria
North Korea, China
They set aside their differences

We forgot we were the good guys�

Now the sky is dangerous
Nobody�s dream anymore.
They beg for ambient
Tranquility in a bottle.

It�s a shame we didn�t do better�

Isolation, powerlessness
Once Saviors of the planet
Crucified on our own arrogance
And we lament the fact

Nobody ever gave us credit�

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Predicted by an ancient race
Armageddon is near
a time-old truth that we must face
an event always anticipated with fear
an unavoidable ending we must accept with grace

a dangerous bomb, an exploding sun
none can tell from where our end will come
or so they say
Yet the event is described in revelation
many have tried to predict the date
which is simply a very human trait
Yet none shall know
untill the day shall come
and reveal the glory of the holy one

They say he will come like a thief in the night
like a shadow, a wraith
to begin the final fight
the final battle, a sight to be seen
the conclusion to what will be, what was
and what ever has been

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Two thousand and twelve photographs
Never taken at the precise moment
Remind me of nothing
Nine hundred and fifty seven lighters
Set carelessly down to rest
Provide flames now for strangers
Four hundred and thirty two pennies
Once neglected on forgotten streets
Never brought any luck.
Sixty-three erasers
Decisively crumbled in frustration
Provided little resolution.
Thirty-nine phone numbers
Discarded into pockets
Expired into vulnerable lint.
Fourteen lips
Fostering smiles of indifference
Touched my lips only once.
Seven love letters
Idly slumber in empty drawers
Neither consumed nor loved
Three men
Parched a thirsty heart
Abandoned in the unyielding crevasse.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I would shed the dryest tear
evaporated when so near
came true the smallest of my fears
as the first waves sudden sears
burnt healthy flesh, and in the fire
cooked so fresh, and I perspired
crimson sweat as I expired
in a mesh of tin and tire

I hear their regrets
as the approaching winter nears

adoring the nuclear light shows
at nights, though they're fights
to outglow and to be the more bright
to be brilliant and glisten
and kill all their viewers
and force all the others
to hide in the sewers

shine to glitters to blinding
truths, there was no salvation
in this generations youth.

I...
outshine stars and the sun.
Luna blown to pieces and her
remnants rain down steadily
in ready breaths of ressurection.
legs spread open readily
as I destroyed her face
and the man that was within
just another fascination
with another mortal sin

The smog blacks out the sun now,
and we suffocate on sighs
and in our dying moments
laughter manage overdosing highs
every man for his own, leave the weak and frail behind
to stand as solid as a stone, and sign upon the dotted line
the shockwaves in the roads
send tingles up the backs
and in a panic of impatience
we are killed in the attack

Tragic
how this will be the end
of humanites conception
a loss with no amends,
and with no warm reception
in the pearly gates of heaven
with no room for interjection
with no more lovers, no more friends.
just the consequence of contraception

The Four men of god draw their bows from their horse
and cast showers of arrows and eternal remorse.

I Can't wait for 2012

12 21 2012

17 Years Ago

A gentle breeze floated calmy around the silvery sholder length hair as she gazed quietly to that phoenix-fire of a sunset. You've never seen a sunset until you've seen it on a cloudless evening over a summer's ocean. Crystal clear waters and that picturesque fire that reflects and refracts until its all around you. Encompassing you. Drowning you into its beauty. But it was always trickery. For such a beautiful thing was never meant to last long. It was only seconds - until it was all over and the curtain of night fell over her. Her silvery hair continued to blow past her face - and her sapphire gaze continued long after night overcame her.
The thought that echoed through her mind, haunted each second. How long would it be now? She continued to watch the darkening sky as the twinkles of stars appeared around her. She watched above, below and all around her majestic seat on top of the ruined temple - as the sky began to come alive with twilight. Shadows ceased be solid and were now part of the air around her young faultless face. She smiled as the shadows became air and ceased to remain on the ground. A fire was blinking off in the distance of one of the mountains surrounding her. But on her pedastal - she felt so alone and so powerful. Another echoing thought of the ancient glory of this place. What did they see? How did they live? Where did they go?
She would sit through seminar after seminar to hear about the coming of disease - but she was never satisfied - she felt her whole life led up to this one point. Maybe she was expecting some epiphany to just fall to her from the twinkling night sky.
The sky suddenly lit up as if the sun were coming back over the horizon. The shadows sunk back to the earth around her and she gazed up as one of the many twinkling lights - finally gave in. It would twinkle no more. But the light from that star that should take millions of years - seemed to hit her almost instantly. In the split second of eternity - she could see a great city beneath her temple. A vast civilization lay at her feet. Dancers were circling the fires at the temple's basin. The great courtyard before her was filled with a celebration. Drums echoed through the night with the laughter and the bells of the dancers. But suddenly the drums and all of the dancers stopped. They turned to the sky as the very same star flashed its light upon them all. As everyone was staring at the sky, shadows began jumping over the walls into the courtyard. In moments she saw they were not shadows, but beings of some kind. The fires went out all at once and the light from the star faded.
She closed her eyes and it was over. The night was still around her and the light was gone. She was on her ruins again, and nothing had changed. Nothing except a small object inthe middle of the empty courtyard. She stood on her feet to make sure the shadows were not deceiving her. It wasn't there before. The courtyard was empty.
She climbed down the steps slowly and came to the middle of the grand basin. As she got closer to what she thought was a rock - she realized what it was. An aged knife, hundreds of years old, was cleaved into the middle of an ancient human skull. Fresh blood was dripping across the top of the skull in the form of writing. As she knelt down to read the writing - she swore she could feel the darkness closing around her. The only thing written - were numbers. The darkness was closing around her. 12 21 2012.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

"2012" by me:

Two-thousand,
Ten, and two:

The number
Of
The year
Of
The end
Of
The world?