Foreign Writers : Forum : good books about writing

[reply] [quote]

good books about writing

13 Years Ago

Hey there,

in this little corner I would like to collect books about writing. There are lots of around, but most are too thick, too unspecific or too unhelpfull :-) So feel free to post any good book tip you've got.

I myself just read two books I found very helpfull.

+ The Elements of Style (William Strunk jr. and E.B. White)
Thats a classic :-) sometimes sounds like a school book, but you have instantly the feeling these guys really knows about what they are writing

+ How to write dawn good novel (James N. Frey)
Stupid title, but a good look at some of the old classics - Dickens, for example - what technics they used, about charatarization and premisses.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

13 Years Ago

Hi all,

I'm Johnny, well I go by Johnny. I'm originally from Cambodia. I've been living in the States most of my life. Started writing about a decade ago. Since then I've written quite a few stuff, working on my next novel. Writing it a bit daunting at times. Anyhow, nice to meet you all.

-Johnny
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

13 Years Ago

Hi Johnny,

nice to meet you, too. Feel free to post every idea or question you may have. I will try to look through your posted stories within the next few days.

I've started writing (in German) about 15 years ago, but not with too much effort. I had a thousand story ideas and didn't get much done. Then I paused for years and last year it took me again :-) and this time by storm. I do a lot of audioplayscripts, too. Not comercially, but maybe one day ;-)... most of the things I write are still in German.

As my English shortstories show, there's still much for me to learn about it ;-)

Greetings,

Falk