Helium Malcontents Unite! : Forum : Welcome friends old and new :)

[reply] [quote]

Welcome friends old and new :)

15 Years Ago

Any other Heliumites out there who would just like to have some fun - happy to discuss anything under the sun! Coffee and cheesecake is obligatory.

You are very welcome - bring your sense of humour and a friend :)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hello Helium malcontent! Isn't the Writers' Cafe an awesome place?!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi there Rambling Prose :)

So good to see a friendly face and YES this site seems pretty cool! As usual I am still blundering about in here but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually :)

(Do we have emoticons?)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

No emoticons, but you can insert HTML directly into your pieces or bio. I added a photo to my bio today, just by copying the HTML from a graphic I found on a site & pasting it in.

There are so many more venuess here in the cafe, I don't really care about the emoticons.

How goes it?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

If that isn't like you. You start a thread and disappear!

Just stopped by to stay hello...
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Excuse me - every time I go check your profile out, you're offline AGAIN! A bit of the old pot and pan going on here I think?

Besides that I'm just not in the mood - really feeling blue and fed up! I just got an email from someone in Zambia telling me my horses that I thought had such a great new home look dreadful and are thin as hell! I'm trying to get a reliable confirmation but no-one's answering my emails yet - very frustrating! It really is the last straw! :(
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I so sorry to hear this. I hope that someone returns your messages soon! I certianly understand being disheartened; I wouldn't want to hear of my animals being neglected.

You mention that you are waiting to hear from a reliabel sourse. Is this to say that the person who conveyed to you the original message, is unreliable?

These are the best times to write, at least that's what I hear. Get that pen out or tap away at the keypad & get that angst out let it flow into something beautiful...

Let me know how it all pans out, don't forget! I'm reading and rating right now. It' after 8pm & you've no doubt have gone off to bed. I wish they sent messages when someone postes in here as they do for our writings.

((((hugs))))
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Thanks for your post Rambling Prose - it's so difficult when you are so far away and you only have other people's opinions to go on. I HOPE I've sorted it out but there really isn't a lot more I can do :(

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the wonderful weather we're having - a bit too hot for me but lovely to see the sunshine. Maybe a spot of lawn mowing and weed control today? I might even attack the dread fish pond later - lol
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi Heavenly Scent. This is a great place. All a bit confusing at the moment but I'm sure it'll make sense in time. Finding the weather a bit warm then? It's downhill from tomorrow, but I'll be on my way to Greece Thursday! Hey ho!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

And very pleased we are to see you here too :)

To be honest I'm still wandering around a bit aimlessly but it does seem to be a great place to meet friends - old and new. It seems to have so much to offer and appears pretty user friendly which is always a bonus where I'm concerned - lol

Greece hey? I'll bet we have better weather here - sorry but I have to say that! Enjoy and have a lovely break :)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hello there! I see you managed to get a picture to cooperate! I'm sure you're at the shop today, so I'll chat with you a bit later!

Welcome to the Writers' Cafe, Keith...
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Yup - isn't it great when a computer finally co-operates? lol

Actually it was really simple and down to being on linux and the operator being an idiot, much as I originally suspected! The First Born supplied the correct method in no time at all :)

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Ahem! This thread is deader than Helium! It's enought to suffocate...

just a little wordplay...smiles
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I don't know for the life of me WHY it is groups are started. NOT one group that I've joined does ANYTHING with it.

It just doesn't make much sense to me at all...

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Well I expect it MIGHT help if people visited and left messages in here?

Ah vell!  I quess it's NOT to be after all?  lol

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Seems like you and I are the only ones who visit...Like you said, "Oh well."

It's common place on here. I've already seen too many groups that merely sit there. I hadn't realized it before joining; I simply clicked join. Upon further investigation, I noticed the last post being in DECEMBER or FIVE months ago - Even THREE weeks ago!

I recently joined another group and quickly resigned. There is a thread in which members of the group are supposed to introduce themselves (more than 40 members) and I think all of about 5 or 6 actually did...

Why they bother accepting an invite to join these groups is beyond my comprehension.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I expect the ordinary messaging and posting works just as well, if not better? Not much point to having groups really when you can chat just as easily in your own profile space.

Either that or we brought the boring bug across with us?  LOL