Homeless Writers (the Window Is Down) : Forum : The Window is completely down!

The Window is completely down!

14 Years Ago

Attempting to go to leads to . Unless I'm missing something, the Window has been completely and utterly removed. Which is a shame, because we were just winding up Experiment 144. I guess this will give Kelci a chance to write it as a story. ;-)

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Actually, they're trying to bring it back up, listen to this:

Not expecting to arrive at this site? For information, click here.

So I clicked there and found:

Looking for the 'old' English Online site?

The New Zealand Ministry of Education has now closed the previous version of English Online - and its sub-sites - following the advertised transitional period.
This new version of English Online has been developed to support New Zealand teachers and educators. For further information, click here (About this site).

Student sites

As you may be aware, the student sites have not been moderated since December 2008.

The student sites - Barb Wired, Book BackChat, ReadHot, Readers' Cafe and Writers' Window - will be reviewed for potential redevelopment later in 2009.
We understand that there are many teachers and students who have enjoyed using the sites, and valued the interaction of its associated communities. We will endeavour to offer equivalent services as soon as is practical.

Kind regards

Karen Melhuish

English Online facilitator

YAAAAHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I kinda don't think that we'll ever see WW again. :(

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Yes, I just tried to find WW and got that. Bet you they never get around to re-launching it, either. Sad. I suppose I'm rather too old for it now anyway, but there's some sentimental value. . . .

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I came here as soon as I found out that the Window was down, just to make sure it wasn't my computer being funny. Alas! Tragedy. And yet we are all here at the group--I'm glad that we had this backup plan, or we all might be very lost. lol.

Oh, and I hope they get the Window going again. Hurry up, peoples!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I hope so too. Unfortunately they've been saying it'll be back up for at least 7 months now, no change since they said it was closed. (but the DB was still up)

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hey All.

Just caught that same message you all did, and like you all, came here for a double take. Umm... I know we've been waiting for what seems like eons for WW to get back up and running, I think that they might actually go through with their promise this time. The fact that they mentioned it at all means they have us in their thoughts, and the refurbishing of their old site bodes good omens I think. In the mean time, we'll just have to keep everyone posted and in touch here at the Cafe. After all, this IS why we organized the group - just in case the discussion board happened to eventually crash (which I think we all knew had to happen eventually) But hey, we're not just writers, we're Windowers, so lets stick together, and just ride out the last of the storm. I've got a feeling it'll only last a little longer.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

hi all - just signed up here - don't know if you'll remember me - i was "fire-dancer" on WW. i remember talking on the DB about changing sitesto post writing while the window is down - it took some searching but i've finally found some WW names :) - is this where everyone is now? I can't be sure if I will be posting writing here or not but just thought I'd say hi - and I really hope the window will be back soon :)

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

*sigh* I hope it'll be back up, too, but somehow I don't think so... at least not for a considerable amount of time. This is an ok site, I guess, but I miss WW... this site isn't as friendly *sheepishly smiles*, and it is so much bigger. I feel kind of depressed at the moment, thinking about WW. = ( Oh well, at least we still have a site to write on. And we're (mostly) all together. =)

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I'm pretty sure you can't even get to it any more. Not even on google any more. :(

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

But the window WILL be up eventually, so all we have to do is wait it out, right?  I do hope so....

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hopefully. At least they mentioned us! We must have faith.

Re: The Window is completely down!

14 Years Ago

They said that WW will be redeveloped in later 2009? It's already March of 2010!