Horror Writer's Anonymous (HWA) : Forum : Horror Battle/Prompt Log

[reply] [quote]

Horror Battle/Prompt Log

12 Years Ago

Here, I hope to have a consistent log of past horror battle prompt challenges. If you want to ever write a story based on previous prompts, by all means, have fun with it. Each week, I plan to update this thread so that new and already existing members can peruse it to their disposal.        
1st Prompt: A phonebook. 2nd Prompt: Write a story based on the following line from a David Lehman poem, "Death was at an auction, looking worried." 3rd Prompt: A box. Any kind of box you can imagine, what happens when you open it? What is inside? 4th Prompt: A sculpture. It can be a relic, or a design figured in ancient times. Your choice. 5th Prompt: A body of water. 6th Prompt: Use an imp or demonic creature as a character. 7th Prompt: A dozen black roses. 8th Prompt: Write a paragraph to the "Ongoing Story" thread in the forum. 9th Prompt: Start a novel for this year's NaNoWriMo. 10th Prompt: Write a surrealistic short story. 11th Prompt: Write a short story based off the character of Dexter Morgan from the show "Dexter."
[reply] [quote]

Re: Horror Battle/Prompt Log

12 Years Ago

sorry i missed this prompt, wouldve been fun to come up with a story for sculpture.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

wow, havent heard anything from this group. no battle prompts, nothing about the magazine, not even a newsletter.

[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

just sent the story pool of blue for the last prompt.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

where am i supposed to submit my submission to?