Horror Writer's : Forum : Come out come out, wherever yo..

[reply] [quote]

Come out come out, wherever you are.

13 Years Ago

Hello fellow humans. I'm Alexis.
So here I am, on yet another writing site, looking for what I have yet to find enough of. Going to my profile, you will see that it is filled out, but lacking much. I have only just made my account this evening, and hold high hopes for this site, as well as the Horror groups, and most specifically the writers there included.
I am looking for truth. Honest, to-the-point, primal, unbridled, sophisticated, palpable horror. Call me picky, call me conceited, but I prefer honest. Horror is, in my opinion, one of the hardest genres to write, because it is so very hard to strike a nerve in the core. To make the body squirm, to cause goosebumps to spread in a wave over the skin, for someone to look over their shoulder when they're alone, to make the adrenaline kick in, to find it hard to sleep from troubled thoughts; all from words alone. Horror writers should take pride in invoking these things in others, because, essentially, that is the intent. Is it not? The best Horror invokes fear, and has a high amount of respect for madness, and the taste of blood. For some Horror is synonymous with Lust, and if that's your angle, show me what you've got.
Here I am rambling on about trivial things, I just want something that can stand on its own. Show me a piece of writing that is unlike any other, well, thats impossible; it is said that all writers are plagiarists, in one way or another, that nothing is original. In that case, give me Victor Frankenstein, give me Prince Dracula, give me Pet Cemetery, 4.48 Psychosis, S. King, Poe, give me that side of yourself that you've never spoken aloud. Ahem; experience is indeed the best inspiration, be it madness or murder.
Other than all of that above; How are you? What styles of horror are you into? I'm looking for writers to talk with, feedback on my own work, to do some editing, and see what comes of this.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Come out come out, wherever you are.

13 Years Ago

I couldn't agree more. Horror is one of the more difficult genres to write for, and in my opinion one of the least respected. It's been in steady decline over the years.

You're more than welcome to check some of my work out. I'd love your opinion. I'd of course, I'll return the favor.