Horror writers. : Forum : New work.

New work.

11 Years Ago

Hey, I know it's kind of weird to post two threads in the same day, but I really would like to see this group get up on it's feet so to speak. A good reason for joining groups, I have learned, is that it gives writers a better chance to read and review other's works. Because of the increasing traffic of this site, it's difficult to go throug and read through profiles from the home page forward. Therefore when you join a group you can read everyone's writing that is near your own.  If you post your stories (as I will do also) then in exchange I will read the postings and select one to feature for the week. This is not a contest, just a good incentive to write something that everyone in the group will want to read. Also, I urge everyone on the group to spread the word to join as well.  (rules: profanity is okay as long as it represents in an artistic way, although not in descript intentional and specific racial and or social slurs. Everything else is okay.)

Re: New work.

11 Years Ago

Just finished and posted a tiny little story that just passes into the realm of the short story. It's called Control, which is the working title. At the moment I don't really know what to call it, but that seems to suit it the best for now. The description below the text doesn't really aptly portray the reason behind the story. I had a good little "afterword" written but then my page froze and internet explorer kicked me off, so not only did I have to reformat the text, but I also had to try and word the blurb towards the end how I had before (which is really difficult as I'm sure most of you who have lost work due to power failure without battery backup would feel) ********** Luckily it was only the afterword and I could try and rewrite it. However I kind of failed. So here I go again **********  I had the story kind of floating in the background of my mind for a while, but has grown in intensity with the presidential election, or rather I should say the republican primaries. I do have to say that I've been watching with a sort of peculiar interest. It's the kind of interest people have when watching baboons fling crap at each other. It all felt kind of like a game to me, how the media represented our potential presidents, and how they all depicted each others' faults. It got me wondering, which isn't hard at all, about how things are orchestrated, our news, the political races. Then I got to thinking that maybe that even extends to wars and famine. Of course the idea is a little farfetched, but it's my way of saying that once a civilization becomes too big, there really is no right or wrong thing to do, morals kind of go down the drain.