I'ma Be Down With The Clown! : Forum : A picture's worth a thousand l..

A picture's worth a thousand laughs...

17 Years Ago

Hello to all! Smile ::biggrin::

For all of you who are in this group and wish to do something fun/cool/time consuming/or just generally something to expand your word-loving minds, I figured I needed to jump on the band wagon while it's riding by (of course I'm the one with my a*s hanging half off and sideways, from being the late one) and create a challenge or sorts, an exercise if you will.

So, from the brain fart of the previous paragraph, here it is:

I've attached to this thread a picture. I find it funny. Some of you may like it as well, some of you may not, and if you don't, then I encourage you to find your own funny picture for this challenge. ::tongue::

The point is, I think we should take some time to look at this pic, (or one of the others you've chosen), and try to whip up some form of writing to go along with it- being a poem/ fiction/ non-fiction/ short story/ etc, you get the idea. I don't care what particular kind of genre it is, as long as it gets you writing. For those of you who do participate, and who chose your own pic, I will request you to please post it along with your piece, or just put it in the display picture of the piece.

Once you have it, send me a message with the title of your piece and I'll post them up here so we can all read them. For the record, I plan to do this challenge as well.

The deadline is going to be by next Friday, or whatever other day you get around to doing it. ::cool:: Yeah, we're that cool- I know.lol

The one that's the best, with the most comments and such, guided my superb judgment of course, NOT! ::drool:: , will be featured.

What sparked the idea for this challenge, or let's not even call it a challenge, let's just call it pure fun, is this: 1. I love being funny, and seeing other people being funny as well, plus it's always interesting to see what other people consider 'humor', and it makes me more-than-words happy to see someone with the same as me.
2. I thought it would be cool to look at our respective pictures and come up with something. I know some people are more visual than others, so this should work somewhere in-between.
3. Also, I love seeing the different sort of perspectives that people get out of things. It's one of my fav past times, so to speak.
4. I was bored. ::smile::

Hope all of you participate, and have fun cracking yourselves up....just don't get all broken up over it ::biggrin::

Jess

P.S. Here's the pic before I forget....:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Jess- i just posted a short quick poem to your pix....not very good, first try and all, but maybe a chuckle will come forth. ::biggrin::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'll see what i come up with, that sign is very cool. Next friday is a good deadline, I was worried as I read the message, i can't come up with something like right now! luckily, for the procrastinating turtle that I am, I have time.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Here's another good sign:

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

how do you put pictures on here? I clicked on image and nothing happened....

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Upload a picture on www.photobucket.com and it will give you the codes to put the pic where ever you want.

Like this one:
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pat

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I looked out the peephole and what did I see,
A weird looking alien coming after me.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I just posted my poem..."a bullet in the a*s". everybody go take a look. At the poem, not my a*s..damn! ::biggrin::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

[img]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/img]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I've decided to feature Dave's piece titled "Sperm Thoughts", because well, I think he did a pretty nice job of making me laugh from a sperm's perspective, and who knew that sperm could be so funny?lol Apparently, Dave did! ::biggrin::

I hope you all find this piece enjoyable as well, take care! ::cool::

Wow, there have been so many good pictures posted up, how do you all find so many good pictures?! lol

I've read some good pieces in response to the challenge I posted earlier, but don't forget that the deadline's still set to this Friday, so there's plenty of time. Perhaps, I should set up a 'Procrastinators Unite!' group as well ::biggrin::

During the weekend, I'll see who's piece got the most, and best responses and I'll also see which one I think will make you all chuckle the most...amusing that you do in fact chuckle. lol ::tongue::

I hope everyone's week is getting off to a great start, if not, remember there's always six more days ahead to do something with, so don't lose hope! ::drool::

My week wasn't starting off so great, but thanks to Paul's humorous pictures and comments he posted, I'm in much better spirits, so thanks Paul. ::smile::
I'm so glad to be back and smiling again, it's a great feeling.

Take care everyone! ::biggrin::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

You're welcome, Jess ::smile:: I'm so glad to have a place to come to when I need to laugh or want to make others grin a little. Thanks for making this group for everyone to hang out in, you're the best! ::happy:: Okay, since it's a nice day, i think I'll go out and have some fun, maybe spend some time at the lake like my brother below ;)