I'ma Be Down With The Clown! : Forum : question for the forum

question for the forum

17 Years Ago

Does anyone know what the rules are regarding posting parodies on the cafe? I have written parodies of popular movies on occasion and i was just wondering if anyone knew if they could posted on here or not. Thanks! ::smile::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hmmm...I guess that would depend on how distorted the lawyer who reads it is, HA!
I dont know...but I figure if you give credit as to what you are doing the parody of it would be alright.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Yeah, I'm sorry I can't be of more help Paul, but I'm afraid I'm this kid right here...> ::cool:: In other words, I have the shades over my eyes, and I'm clueless on this one. I don't have the slightest idea what the rules are here on this site, concerning that I mean. Perhaps you could ask, or message the guy who runs this site, maybe he could be of some help.

Take care.
Jess

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

There are rules here? Who knew? If your concern is plaigarism of material, I would say err on the side of caution and make it clear to your readers what you're parodying. However, as I mentioned, I went to school for writing and took a course in satire, during which one of the discussions was parody (amazing, isn't it? it's like the Hogwarts of Literature). And I can tell you that nobody handed in anything that was academically questionable as far as plaigarism or misrepresentation of material. I wouldn't worry about it. If you're called to task for The Lord of the Disc, I would say you're well able to make a solid case for yourself, backed by several hundred years of literary history. Nobody is going to confuse the two, and I can't think of a legitimate university in the world that would so much as bat an eye if your parody crossed their desks (except perhaps to wipe away tears of laughter). I think you're in the clear.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

The first ammendment has been proven to cover satire and parody, and shows such as SNL and Mad TV have definately pushed the envelope in television, and Mad Magazine and Cracked are there for the written medium. As long as it is obviously a satirical parody, you should be fine, just make it good! haha

Jonathan Bryant Dean
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pat

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Of course parody is legal. Just look at C-Span. Those guys parody legitimate government every day.