I Use Unusual Names In My Stories... : Forum : Odd names...

[reply] [quote]

Odd names...

15 Years Ago

Augustana
Autumn
Wednesday
Friday
Joss
Raja,
etc....
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

So do I....
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I use odd names because my story is meant to be a mixture of fantasy elements in a real world, so I use some regular names and through in some odd ones. Most of them, I've heard somewhere or another and thought were cool.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

lol! Even though my stories are not science fictional, I tend to use names/nicknames for my characters that are rare or unheard of. Ever heard of a guy name Upton (The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse)?

Odd names are just fun to use. Common names are a little too... common. Ha! Not only that, but it seems that the more rare the name is, the more it fits the character who it belongs to. =)

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Oh, yeah. I use some totally out there names.

Mimerain, Vikirnoff, Ni, and Kic are in "Balance of Powers"

Mirina, Grayson, Jink, Hisdin, Sebastia Arim and Grendal are in "Winged Troubles"

Warrin, Adeliza, and Yanna are in "The Diary of Rose Greenwood"

Kurr(best fish-man EVER!), Darkin, and Clairkitdra are about to be relocated from "The Tale of Clairkitdra Blackfin" to "Winged Troubles" or "Balance of Powers"

Rindeal Katallelou, Kie Hyzer, and Milas are in "Katallelou"

Amirra, Theme, and Bastin are in "The Half Elf"

These are only the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I use some weird names!

^_^

-Burr

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Oh boy, I use a lot of odd names. Mixed with some normal sounding ones.

Aduni, Marahi, Siyamak, Naimon, Xutoji, Vanadeil, Dhakos, Willah, Xander, Aqua, Feverfew, Rhea, Makalastran, Mungo, Varence, Zhirek, Talmud, Vance, Devereux, Lora and Nora, Shamim, Rory, Celestia, Ranzi, Reorcyn, Blessing, Serif, Obrine, Astrea, Eutharin, Jenku, and plenty more then that. ^_^