Intense Artistry : Forum : What kind of writer is everyon..

[reply] [quote]

What kind of writer is everyone?

14 Years Ago

What is everyone's talent when it comes to writing? Are you better as a poet or a novelist? What genre are you best at writing? I'll start by answering first.

I have been told that my strength lies in writing lyrics. I consider myself a poet and a beginning short story writer. Usually, my writing centers around dark and morbid situations, but I can be abstract as well.

Who would like to go next?

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I like writing dark stuffs lol I'm working on writing lyrics more tho

I'm better as a poet I guess

the genre I like writing can pretty much be about anything I guess :]

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I don't really know what kind of writer I am. I'm just kind of free, I write whatever topic comes to mind. When I feel something I want to try I just contemplate weather I want to write it as poetry or as a short story. But I feel I can write anything, I just wait for Inspiration.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I really dont know what kind of writer I am, all I can say is that all of my stuff comes from whatever Im feeling in the moment. So there is no prior thinking to my writing, its just mind to keyboard I guess. Also, because of this, I am not currently working on anything and I never know when I will submit my newest entry. Then again, I'm not as commited to writing as others in this group so I guess that comes into play as well. Like I said, I'm not sure, I'm just thinking outloud.

-Khrystina.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

My training is an an artist and scientist, not necessarily as a writer. I strive for accuracy and truth, and try to use words to paint the scene, capture its emotion and resonance, incidentally telling the story in the process. Mostly, I document experiences- day to day musings, adventures on S. American volcanoes, love quadrangles- you know, your average suburban chick's experiences. I don't know that I have defined my style or voice yet. I'm still not convinced I have anything to say, which is part of the problem. I decide to write about something when an image or line gets stuck, and I craft the rest around it. Dark, light, or otherwise- I try to document honesty.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I don't really know what kind of writer I am. Most of my stuff is romantic poetry, but sometimes it isn't. I can write some dark stuff, I guess, if you would call it that. Some of my stuff is about heartbreak and whatnot.

I am trying to learn how to write differently. My writing is connected and you can follow it easily, but I long to write a different way. I want to be able to string together lines that seem to be disconnected, but make sense when you look at the big picture.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I am a romantic at heart.  I love to write about that fluttery feeling you have when you get a crush or fall in love.  You know butterflies.  But deep down there is a dark side that comes out.  A little bit twisted.  I love to read very twisted controversial stuff.  I am like a moth to a flame. I love poetry and I have a romance novel I am working on.  So I am not sure which one I am better at. 

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I consider myself a dabbler.   Writing at this point is a way to express my feelings.    My hidden desire however is to someday get focused enough to write a memoir about my experiences as a Psychotherapist, and some other life experiences, or to write a techinical book for Clinicians.  I'd like to write the book I wish someone had given me when I first started out!  The formal education and internships were just the tip of the iceburg.    My problem is getting a topic narrowed down, and beginning the process.  Any ideas would be helpful.  Has anyone written anything like this, or do they have the desire to do this type of writing?  

Blessings to All,

Butterflymom

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I write at night and this is reflected in my work.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I usually write spoken word that's the writing i feel most comfortable doing, and i feel is my strongest form. Its easy for me to write what i feel and what i'm passionate about at that moment. Next would be short stories, and then novels. Erotica and horror are the two genres i'm most comfortable with.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I love to write erotica and i enjoy anything with horror and suspence.

I write what I feel when i'm feeling it. so it could be almost anything, I liket o write tales that children love, and I really like working my sexual side for the adults who enjoy erotic poems.

And with that said I am happy to be a part of this group.

FT <3

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I like to write dark humour but it depends what mood I am in. Sometimes I am the angry ranter,the cynic, ecowarrior,ecoworrier,the surrealist, the realist, the story teller, the romantic, the green eyed monster...I'm sure there are more.

I write lyrics too and have finished 3 songs www.myspace.com/dianahlancaster .

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
H
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I loved reading everyone's response to this question.

I'm partial to short stories, essays, or just snippets of dialogue. I sway from the science fiction and zombie genre to romances and tragedy. Nothing extreme, though. I'm not H.G. Wells and I'm not Shakespeare.

The stuff I write usually reeks of cynicism. It's in my style, it's this lingering odor that never leaves your nostrils. I also tend to be a little over descriptive but, y'know, compare me to Stephanie Meyer and I'll rip your throat out.