Is Anyone Out There : Forum : Writing Prompts - Kinda fun :)..

[reply] [quote]

Writing Prompts - Kinda fun :)

4 Years Ago

[reply] [quote]

Re: Writing Prompts - Kinda fun :)

4 Years Ago

This has happened before I'm quite sure.
Evolving is doing it differently, not necessarily better. 
[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

I am not sure what you are conveying here...But I shared the picture for fun...You don't have to participate.
[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

I appreciate your prompt share MP, one thing that strikes me is the simplicity of each prompt. One or two words can trigger more creativity, than a prompt that is a paragraph long. Prompts like this can be compared to archetypes. Thanks for posting this. 
[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

re: Monday
It's a very, very general writing prompt.  Some believe that everything in this universe is cyclical and ultimately repeats itself but happens over such large time scales that it is impossible for any finite entity to directly recognize it.  
A sorta-kinda example of this would be the value of Pi.  It appears to be a never ending string of non-repeating sequences of numbers defining the ratio of a circle to it's circumference but some speculate that it is indeed a finite circle of numbers that does eventually repeat itself but it's total value is so large no finite being is capable of directly observing it... a number so large that it would take more time to write out than has yet passed since the big bang.  When theoretical physicists say things like "the universe might be finite and curved" one of the things they mean is that space-time itself is an "object" and the flow of time is an illusion we can't recognize due to our relatively short lives.  Kinda like staring too closely at something very large makes it impossible to see the entirety of that something and therefore inherently limits the ability to see the "big picture" in any one lifetime.   
[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

Lost at sea.

Once there was a boy inside a plastic bubble. A very lonely boy, inside a very lonely bubble. The cruise liner he was in sank after hitting a coral reef, now he drifts among the waves, with only a pooping seagull to keep him company.

"If only..." said the boy. "If only, there was someone to keep me company."

Then, if by some miracle, he could see in the horizon a glimmer. It was another bubble person drifting towards him. Her name was Sarah. They held plastic encased hands together, called each other affectionate names. he called her his "little marble", she called him her "bubby". They had seagulls poop on their bubbles. It was all very reminiscable. 

Then, out of the blue, another bubble came floating towards them. His name was Gary. His bubble was shinier than his, and naturally Sarah was attracted to him.

Before long, the two parted. Once again, the boy found himself alone among the waves. "If only said the boy, if only there was..." and then, if by some miracle, the whole world exploded.

The End.
[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

Monday Parker, I've been using your prompt page. I think it's a good one. As a matter of fact, I just posted a story that developed from the prompt "The Father" my story is called, The Father. It's a tad long 3k+ words, but I think anyone sticking with it will enjoy. And thank you for sharing your prompts. 

[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

That is awesome to hear!!!!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vin
[reply] [quote]

A new idea

4 Years Ago

It is fun indeed. Do we have any groups like a campfire conversation group? Because I've been to many places and had such great conversations.

Conversation and observations make a writer. So we can use this platform for such convo's also. What say?