LGBT Authors : Forum : Kryptonite: A Poem For HIm

Kryptonite: A Poem For HIm

4 Years Ago

Oh, my god, yes I've finally found the one!I squeeze my arms around him, crying in joy and reliefIt's been almost five years since we last spoke.He laughs and hugs me tightly, a look of contentment on his features, And I smile, glad to have finally met himHe is only a year older than I last remember yet five years is quite some time to have waited that long to talk to me. But I honestly don't care. He’s here, wrapping his arms around me, embracing me like I'm the most important person in the world. I feel touched by an angel.After five excruciatingly long and painful years, he forgave me for my sins towards himOf course I hug back, scared to let go lest I lose him again. He whispers softly,”No, its okay. I'm never leaving you. Ever.”I nod and continue to hold tight to him,Reassuring me of his true and actual formIt's not my imagination this timeI am overwhelmed with a million emotions, most of them too happy to explainBut then something feels wrongI see him shimmer in the moonlight, his already soft voice fading from my mindAnd he focuses on something beyond my own formI turn around to see what he might be staring at,But when i turn back around to face him, nothing is leftI only remember waking up, screaming out his nameLost, lonely and afraid I realize it was all a dream and he will never come back.Heartbroken, I cryGoodbye