LGBT Library : Forum : I am straight but support LGBT..

[reply] [quote]

I am straight but support LGBTQIA

12 Years Ago

As I was forming opinions in my tweens and early teen years on things in this earth, I decided quite simply that I have been prosecuted in my life for the lifestyle my family lives. Without going into details, I will just say that the most important thing they share is love.
I believe love is love no matter where it's found, and that if I wanted the freedom to love the way my family wants too, If that is what I stood for..
I could not prosecute the love that lesbians and gays want to have and live freely.
Though most in my family are not typically full supporters of gay marriage, those I have spoken to about why I support it agree with me and understand.
At first, I supported just because I felt I would be a hypocrite if I didn't, due to the fact my lifestyle is also one prosecuted.
Later though, I realized gay marriage is indeed a real love that people cannot help feeling and that I wanted it to be something they could live openly.
If you are straight but support Lesbians, Gays, Transgenders, Bisexuals, Queers... whatever you want to call them, tell us how and why you think they should be able to live this lifestyle and their love openly and freely.

[reply] [quote]

Re: I am straight but support LGBTQIA

12 Years Ago

What an awesome kid, raised by a lesbian couple.
Watch his video on what he had to say to anti gay legislators in the state of Iowa.
Go Zach Wahls!