Lonely Writers Blog Group : Forum : Quitting My Job at Nightingale..

Quitting My Job at Nightingale!

16 Years Ago

I am quitting my job at Nightingale.  I am too overworked.  I only get a day off every other weekend.  I work almost 2 weeks straight before I get a day off.  I've had to cancel several appointments because of my work schedule. 

I am going back to working in a nursing home.  I have a job lined up for Feb. 2nd at a nursing home here in Helena, MT.  I had to give Nightingale my 2 weeks notice which ends on Feb. 1. 

I haven't been able to work on my writing very much because of my schedule at Nightingale.  They give you a schedule and then they tack on more clients during the week.

Working at the new nursing home, I will get insurance, eventually, whereas at Nightingale, I didn't get insurance.  I will work just a straight 8-hour shift, whereas at the other job I would work on most days close to 9-, 10-, or 11-hour days.  It was just taking a toll on me.

Valerie

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Well, good luck with the new job hun, and here's hoping this one works out better for you.  It must be exhausting working all those hours and days, how can they expect their staff to perform fully wthout any days off, it's just not right.  XX