Lonely Writers Blog Group : Forum : Working the Night Shift

Working the Night Shift

15 Years Ago

Hey Members!

I started the night shift last week.  I'm getting used to the night shift again, after six months.  I like working the night shift.  It's a little easier for me.  The residents are all sleeping. 

The only problem is when you go in to check to see if the residents are dry or need to be changed, sometimes they get a little grumpy.  But then, I would get a little grumpy if someone woke me up just to change me.  I feel for the residents.  I can't imagine having to be woke up every two hours to check to see if I was dry or wet. 

Being a CNA is a hard job.  You're dealing with all kinds of personalities.  Sometimes they refuse your cares.  When that happens, I let them be and go back and try later.  I had one resident that stayed up all night in her wheelchair because she refused to let me help her into her recliner.  I don't force any resident to something she doesn't want to do.  Besides, the resident still has the right to refuse cares, meals, flluids, and etc.  I am a firm believer in Residents' Rights. 

Valerie

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Good for you, my aunt had the same beliefs. I personally like night shift too.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I miss working.  I used to love the night shift.  I was a carer for 26 flats, and it was the same thing really.  Just checking on them, and being there if they called for help with anything.  Plus I got a room with a bed, so I could take a nap when things were quiet.  It was nice.  Glad you like it.