Military Sweeties : Forum : Hey ya'll

Hey ya'll

13 Years Ago

My name's Dakota and I'm a military wife. My husband was actually denied re-enlistment in the Marine Corps after surviving Iraq twice and doing a secondary MOS school because we have too many children (5 living). Now we're in the Army and we're still adjusting LOL. I write about experiances one could only know or hear about on this side of the glass so to speak. Hope to get to know all ya'll!

Re: Hey ya'll

13 Years Ago

I'm glad you're jumping right in and using the group. I think I will use this as the official introductions thread. Thanks! And thank you for sharing with us.

My lovely boyfriend still is not off the basics yet, but he's waiting for his broken knuckle to heal. I am so nervous about him going. I know he will be ok (he always is, and he's been through some rough stuff), but I worry about how I will deal with it. After all, we've been dating for over two months (we've known each other for over a year) and we've spent nearly every day together in that time.

One thing I can say: I can't wait to see him in uniform. Can we say HOT?! haha. Just throwing that out there.

Everyone else feel free to jump in. Tell us about your soldier (if you please) and how you're dealing with (or how you have dealt with [or WILL deal with!]) his/her departure. And feel free to link us to some of your war/long-distance love/soldier poems or stories.

13 Years Ago

My name is Emily, my brother and very best friend, older by a 18 months, is enlisted in the military in the Infintry devision. He just came back from Afghanistan a few months ago with some interesting stories and is now engaged to one of my friends I decided to set him up with once upon a time. My other older brother is currently going through the process to enlist aswell

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by emily
My name is Emily, my brother and very best friend, older by a 18 months, is enlisted in the military in the Infintry devision. He just came back from Afghanistan a few months ago with some interesting stories and is now engaged to one of my friends I decided to set him up with once upon a time. My other older brother is currently going through the process to enlist aswell

When you can get them to talk about it the stories can range from funny stuff they did in their down time to stuff that's liable to give you nightmares for weeks...   I forgot to mention that I myself went straight into the Marines after high school, but broke my leg in three places otherwise I would probably still be there.

13 Years Ago

Wow. One thing I can say for sure is that I could NOT enlist, let alone serve. I'm just not strong enough, I suppose. Hence my neverending appreciation for all military personnel and their courage.