Mind And Soul : Forum : ok how do i do this

ok how do i do this

16 Years Ago

::suprised:: i have opened this group now what do i do next folks?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Typically, there is a decision of works the group is going to try to coolect as a group, or a contest the group decides to sponsor and invite writers across Writers Cafe to enter the contest.

Or there may be a few of us who desire to work on a piece together.

Really, the possibilities are endless.

Be Well.

Jeff

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Why does everything need to be about a contest or competition...isn't that the complete opposite of what the title of this group is...I struggle with my writings because of my 'mind and soul'...it is my enemy and my hidden treasure. We all simply need to learn how to tap into the untapped areas in our unconscious mind.

It's not about religion or spirituality...even those topics are fun to discuss...I think what I'm looking for in a group like this is to discuss ways to pull or mind and spirit together to express how we feel into our writings.

When there is balance--there is unblocked creative flow...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

::cool:: i agree with backwards poet.... we need to discuss ways of pulling our mind and soul and spirit together..... Its often hard and we run and run from it... but i think that together we can face the monsters of our mind !

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

First let me say that I agree with the suggested idea of exploring ways of connecting through the mind and soul. I would be willing to explore this idea as a collective, however, I'm not sure that matters of of our own minds isn't an individual thing, but yes, others can aid.

Second the statement I made was based on what is typically seen, I would never suggest that a group has to be about a contest. It was a mere point, meant to draw others out, which it did, so now we are talking.

As for my own efforts to remain "unblocked" as a writer, I have a few things that work well. I write from a perspective of free flow, meaning I don't edit my thoughts as they flow, and many times I post things here which are highly abstract and seemingly out of tune with structure that strict poets honor. I do this on purpose because writing creatively, especially poetry, is abstract to me. I let go and most times, my mind rewards me.

Be Well.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Namaste,
If I may suggest... being a vet on discussion groups... that you think of topics that interest you and bring them up for discussion. We are referring to Mind Body, so the first thought that comes to mind is Yoga. Also the various philosophies that geer us toward that mentality... healthy body = healthy mind.

Just a suggestion. I see the discussion sorta dropped there... but I think this is a wonderful concept for a group. I applaud the thought.

I wish you well.
Elaine