Modern Fantasy : Forum : Movies

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mey
[reply] [quote]

Movies

14 Years Ago

I'm a huge film nut, and love all types of film, from good old film noir to a nice action packed shoot 'em up. But my favorite films will always be fantasies. The thrill, the fun, the adventure, in a fantasy it just seems so much… More. Some of my favorites include "Labyrinth" starring the fabulous David Bowie, "MirrorMask" written by one of the most talented writers of our time Neil Gaimen, and "The Dark Crystal” directed by Jim Henson. What are your favorite films? Any genre any type, what do you like?  
[reply] [quote]

Re: Movies

14 Years Ago

Fave movies? I tend not to run on genre, like most areas really, one of my favorites has to be 'Revolver', starring Jason Statham and Andre 3000, it's Guy Ritchie directed, which isn't always a plus, but it's reminiscent of my favorite author;Salman Rushdie, somewhat incomprehensible, very brain tiring, but once you get the plot, it's sublime in it's intricacy.

Got to say, 'Labrynth' is an excellent choice, one of the classic fantasy films.

I can speak for myself, but i don't know if anybody else finds their film choice is often reflected in their book choice, and writing preference ....

Max