Movie Lovers : Forum : Your Top 5 Movies of 2012 So F..

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B30
[reply] [quote]

Your Top 5 Movies of 2012 So Far?

11 Years Ago

For me, it has to go:

1. The Dark Knight Rises 
2. The Avengers 
3. Looper 
4. Ted 
5. The Amazing Spider-Man 

I loved TDKR and Avengers, a fan of both and we live in a world where we can have both. But to me, TDKR ups the scale as it is the end of a trilogy and I am just so sad to see it go. For Avengers, it is a beginning of a chapter and I can't wait for the future movies! 

As a big fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I don't mean anything, especially bias when I put Looper in number 3. It was a masterpiece in my opinion, and Rian Johnson's writing/directing was superb, so is the talented cast. 

Ted comes in behind, and I just love Seth MacFarlane and how he portrays Ted. Great chemistry and it's just one of the most enjoyable films of the year. 

The Amazing Spider-Man ends the list as the reboot comes in at number 5. Not comparing Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire, the movie was still a standout and it was one of ten of highly successful films in 2012 worldwide. It was a dark movie and Marc Webb's second movie following his sleeper hit and one of my favourites as well, 500 Days Of Summer

Honourable Mentions: 

Sinister, 21 Jump Street, Men In Black 3, The Hunger Games, The Raid: Redemption, Cabin In The Woods, The Dictator, Chronicle, The Expendables 2, ParaNorman, Argo

So what is your top 5 of 2012 so far? Any upcoming movies you're revving to watch? Is there a worst film of the year? Tell us! :D 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Your Top 5 Movies of 2012 So Far?

11 Years Ago

1. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
2. THE AVENGERS
3. LOOPER
4. THE HUNGER GAMES
5. PREMIUM RUSH

Waiting for
A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD
DJANGO UNCHAINED
BUTTER
LES MISERABLES
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Havent really went and saw that many movies this year, so Ill give you my top 3?      1. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. .  hands down the best one. LOVED it!!    2. THE HUNGER GAMES. . . loved the books and I LOVED the movies    3. SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN. . .  I was so scared when I saw Kristen Stewart playing the role of Snow White, but it was Really good   What am i looking foward to?   Im a huge twilight fan at heart, so I cant wait for the last installment of the Twilight Saga, BREAKING DAWN PART 2. :)
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

i havent actually been TO the movies this year, so i havent 5 to share. though what ive seen thats come out i only have two1. The Raven2. The Avengers.cant wait to see the dark knight rises and expendables 2.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I Think I've just two #1 is The Hunger Games and now I'm reading the book <3                 #2 21 Jump street I can't wait to watch Bradley cooper New movie (The Silver Linings PlayBook) and Taken2 ,too  
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

1. Moonrise Kingdom 2. The Raven 3. A Thousand Words 4. The Dictator     I will start from the last and work my way to the top. The dictator for me was my last choice, it was funny and it was offensive, but it lacked something. It wasn't Borat or Bruno, which in my opinion were excellent movies that said I don't really give a damn what you think about this. I don't know, it was missing the shock value that I have come to expect.       A Thousand Words was a remarkable movie with a very deep message. The smooth talking salesmen that can sell anything to anyone, well what happens when your words are to be the death of you? A tale of someone who had forgotten what was truely important to him, who treated everyone around him as a lesser. In the end he finally realized what was wrong the whole time, what he had been missing and it took his utter silence and calming of his soul to realize it. Great movie.       The Raven. I have always been a fan of John Cusack, he is a great actor that I believe is very unused. I imagine that someone like the great Edgar Allen Poe is not the easiest person to play. He was an extremely unstable person and his emotions were out of control. The ending was superb and it gave a possible explanation of how he died, but there are so many theories out there that this one gave a new light. The twists and turns this movies takes you through as you explore the darkness in Poe's soul is like a roller coaster. Parts are funny, some are sad, and some are downright terrifying as you travel through his mind as he tries to grasp the fact that there is a killer out there and he may be the only one who can save him.       Moonrise Kingdom. This is a classic tale of two lovers who run away together, with one little twist. There is nowhere to run to and they aren't really running away from anything. This movie is art, and a lot of people may not find it entertaining as the dialogue is kept to a minimum and music is in almost every scene. Do not let this discourage you though! This movie has great meaning and depth as long as you can sit there and enjoy an intellectual movie. I really can not offer a more detailed explanation of this movie, but I highly reccommend you see it.       The one movie I want to see more than any other is Cloud Atlas.       The worst movie to me from this year was Madagascar 3. It was horrible, nuff said.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

My above post will not break into paragraphs like it should.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Don't have top five so I'll give ya top three??? 1. The Avengers (My reaction in the theater was literally *flip out; twitch* THISH ISH AWESHOME!!!) 2. The Hunger Games (the strange moment when I liked the movie better than the book...) 3. Brave (I get that this is a disney movie, but you're NEVER too old for a disney movie. EVER. Especially not this one. I SQUEE at the accents. XD) Would like to see soooo soo bad: Les Miserables and the Hobbit
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Ok, so in no order:

1.Hunger Games
2.21 Jump street
3.Wanderlust
4.The Lucky one
5.The Lorax