Mystery Cafe : Forum : Introduce yourself

[reply] [quote]

Introduce yourself

17 Years Ago

Please introduce yourself, what you are currently working on, why you are fascinated with the Mystery/Suspense and Supernatural Paranormal genre.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hey there, I am new to the writing scene. But I have a ton of ideas floating around in me head.
I'm Native American and have been told so many stories of the injustices that have been bestowed upon my family, courtousy of the US Government.
Also There are so many Native style ghosts stories that I'd like to share with everyone.
As I progress I'll share what I have and hope you dig what you read.
Peace out,
Tom
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi I'm mike, I'm a 15 year old juvenille diabetic, I write many things but my best works are the mystery, supernatural, horror. I'd love to get some reviews or comments, I'd return the favor. I've been published in three magazines and am currently submitting my work for scholarships.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hello, my name is Tylar. You can find my bio in the writers section, under tylrdrk8.
Cheers!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I am Mark Mihalko, like many, my bio is in my profile. I am fascinated by all things paranormal and unexplained and have been lucky enough to actually write about it!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Greetings, comrades. I'm Jared, and I have a severe love for all things in the suspence/mystery genre. Specifically, pulp/noir stories--the kind with men in long overcoats and fedoras, femme fatales to kill for, the whole nine.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hello, everyone!

My name is Rosa and I've been writing in the mystery genre for... well, two years? I'm not really sure how it happened. I used to write science fiction, but... the summer before last, I took a walk down a road near my house. And I looked up at this old mansion and I thought, "I wonder what the story is there?" So I asked my mother and she told me all about who used to live there when she was a kid, and from it sprung my first mystery novel, "Taking 1960."

Since then, I've written several other mysteries, some of them unfinished: "Safe," "Out on the Bluffs," "A Siren for the Dead" -- a mystery that is actually part-science fiction -- "Smile, America," and now my latest work, "Dissonance."

I'm halfway through "Dissonance" and will self-publish it and market it myself this year. If you'd like to check it out, I have the first chapter posted on my page. I would love some critiques and comments!

I don't know why I love mystery, but I can't get away from it. The supernatural / thriller element is usually present in my stories as well.

Anyway, now that I've talked, or written, your ear off, or your eyes off...

It's good to be here! I'm glad there's a mystery group on this site.

Rosy
[reply] [quote]

Aloha!

17 Years Ago

I'm a 53 year old single mom living in rural Maui who loves to write. Although I'm currently a faculty member for an outreach center of the University of Hawaii's community college system, I prefer to be IN business to teaching about it and am looking for the right career move to make that happen.

I am attempting a murder mystery and have no idea how to do it. Hence, I'm here.

Looking forward to reading your works!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hey all, Coach Culbertson here. I'm putting together a genre anthology with a Christian slant if anyone's got material as such. [ No restrictions in terms of language or content, but should have a Christian slant.

I'm in the middle of writing a paranormal mystery, Coffee Shop Saints. Hoping that it doesn't suck.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi my name is Dawn. I'm interested in the paranormal and mystery genre because without curiosity in the world, nobody would ever branch out. I believe in the supernatural. That's a definate thing.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

hello

As you can see I am a beginner at writing and in need of much help, my mystery detective story Scorpio murder case I have been told has an ending that is rushed and in need of improvement, but not knowing what to do I have put it for review in several websites, but have not received any help.

I love mysteries, detective stories, and suspense stories like those written by Alfred Hitchkok or Agatha Christie. I am sure you are familiar with these writers. I read many books, but at the moment doing research on mythology, vampire and ghost stories.

If you have any suggestions for improving the ending of Scorpio Murder Case I will greatly appreciated.

thanks

chord0

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

How do you do, all? I'm working on a series of mystery novels set in the Boston, Massachusetts area. The protagonists are two 50-something women and they're based on real people. Polish-American Maggie Szczep is an internet researcher and web worker who's joined by her office mate, Della Peterson. Della is as wild and outgoing as Maggie is shy and studious. Della is a former artist, who has been going blind due to a genetic eye disease. She now tests computer programs designed for visually impaired users. Maggie and Della have become fast friends and are in every way complementary opposites. Maggie's an amateur gourmet cook, while Della lives on junk food. Maggie has a stable and happy marriage. Della's long divorced from a philandering womanizer and all-around trouble-maker. Della is uninhibited and very funny, takes bull from no one and raises whatever roof she finds herself under. Maggie is quiet, but is also a caretaker and source of stability for Della.

Somehow, trouble finds these two women - as it often does in this genre. I like to think I have some interesting angles on issues of knowledge, ignorance, truth and falsehood. Taking a hint from Della, what we often "see" or perceive as true turns out to be false. Insight - knowledge without light - can often be the best teachers of them all.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I'm Serra, I like to write dark murder type mysteries with a supernatural or horror cross over.  However, I'm not sure I feel comfortable with my ability to keep a mystery mysterious long enough.  I was hoping to get some pointers here.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Introduce yourself

13 Years Ago

Hello, everybody! I'm 16 and I write a lot of different things. Poems, fantasy, MYSTERY (which I'm just now getting into) I have a new Hayes and Bennett story on here that I'm working on. It's my first murder mystery and I don't know what to do, it's hard genre for me to do. Anyways, after that I'm going to try to write a paranormal story! But not before reading a view to get ideas!
[reply] [quote]

We had pirates, you know...

13 Years Ago

Greetings,  I am a relatively new fiction writer, editing my first novel that may be worth reading (thanks, NaNoWroMo for the encouragement!) To break the tedium of re-reading and re-writing chapter after chapter, I began a blog. Every Thursday night, I write a piece of flash fiction and post it on Friday. On the weekends, when I have time, I write for my food & wine blog. During the week, I edit other people's work in a corporate business setting.

I drink a lot of wine, and maybe you can see why.

Thanks for reading my work, if you do. Remember, I am not published and there may be a reason for that.

As for the pirates, why yes, I live on the East Coast of the US. At one point, pirates did hang out in our harbor and Blackbeard himself met his death just a bit down the coast, but that's another story.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Hey there. I love reading crime/mystery novels, have a few ideas going around for one of my own. I am interested in writing the more fantasy/paranormal stuff but haven't really done it before so am interested in reading your stuff to get some idea of how to approach it. Rambling a bit, so bye...
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

Hey, I'm Alister, I've been working on medieval story telling lately, but enjoy the thought of writing a mystery. Thank you for having me in your group!!
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Maggie Foster here. NaNoWriMo survivor and enthusiast. One novel complete and the second close to it. I cannot tell if this group is active, but I hope to network with local writers ad see if I can find an agent/publisher. And win the lottery, of course.  :>  MF