Mystery Cafe : Forum : Creating the Crime Scene

[reply] [quote]

Creating the Crime Scene

17 Years Ago

Post here your ideas on how to create a crime scene, what does it take to make a good and believable crime scene.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I think it would depend on the type of cime committed and whether or not it was a personal (passion, revenge, anger, domestic) or impersonal (serial killer, rape, theft gone wrong, etc.)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I think that, not only feeling emotion, whether pathos or digust, there needs to be the impecable description of what you're "looking at." Crime scenes are known to be the one place where all the evidence is to solve a crime. The detailing of the scene is a must, saying that, do the research. If you don't know the trajectory of the bullet that killed your victim, then you should research it and how to describe it vividly. It think that is the most important. Cause if you don't know what you're talking about, how is your reader?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

That's a very good point..
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

hello

I agree about describing crime scene, but also describing characters is important and their interaction, reasons for the crimes, and also setting, which can be in different countries or same country; or maybe the killer's reasons are such that all the crimes are committed in the same setting or location.

Please read my story: Scorpio Murder Case

do you see anything wrong with it? I have been told that the ending is rushed. Now I am thinking of making it into novel, but the title does not fit, only for the first chapter. Also, I have never been to Guyana the original setting, my research is only based on wikipedia facts.

If you have any suggestions for improvement, or to build it into a novel, please let me know.

thanks

chord0