NERD EMPIRE : Forum : It's a new group, introduce yo..

It's a new group, introduce yourself!

11 Years Ago

hey I'm J, welcome to Nerd Empire!

Re: It's a new group, introduce yourself!

11 Years Ago

Greetings. I come from a small mountain village and have traveled far and wide, taken part in adventures large and small, and met people extraordinary and - not. Only in the stories I write of course, but then, the best memories are the ones we create. I'm called Langue d'Argent, though I've been hailed by many other titles, and it is a pleasure to find a place where my nature is so welcome.

11 Years Ago

Hello there! :) I'm really glad I found this group! I'm Kelly. I'm from Utah and live in a really small town. I have two cats, a boat load of nerdom blanketing my home and cosplayers complex. 

It's a pleasure to meet you all. :) 

11 Years Ago

Eloquent as always, Langue!

Kelly, my old roommate used to sew here own costumes!
She took me to comicon one year:

11 Years Ago

That's really cool! I like her lacing in the front of her bodice. :) Very well done. 
I've never personally been to comicon, but someday I'd like my costumes to be epic enough to enter their masquerade. 

11 Years Ago

Dang, girl's got skills.  That's an amazing costume!

11 Years Ago

Yeah, she was like 1970's Asguard storm b/c of her hair and she had Thor's Hammer.  Everyone would stop us and say "Oh my god, you're Asguard Storm from the 1976 series of Marvel Universes's something-something-something." She serious.  She's a host on an online show that reviews video games now.

It's intense to get tickets to Comicon, I had to sneak in pretending to be a female japanese comic vender (I'm a white male).  And the masquerade is a whole other level!  You have to get tickets over a year in a advance, and I think the line just to get tickets for the following year was like 4 hours.

10 Years Ago

Scout: Sir! Landred has entered the battlefield.
General: Well we knew he'd join sooner or later. So... whose colours is he wearing? Who's he fighting? Scout:... Everyone, sir. ***
Name's Landred, son of none, child of tomorrow, master in the art of forgetting names and faces.
I figured everyone has that problem, so they'll be reminded if I put my name up in places they'll see. Bookshops, for instance. That'll do.
I grew up in a place that takes an almost hostile approach to fantasy-fiction, so sometimes it felt like I was fighting everyone when I decide to go this route. I've been writing for some time now, and quite frankly, there isn't anything else I'd rather be doing.

I would be honoured to fight for this Empire. My blade is yours.

10 Years Ago

That's probably one of the coolest introductions I've read ^ Kudos. 

I'm Kee, 23 and live in India. 
Since everything is so revolved around the Indian cinema (bollywood) here it was hard as a kid growing up and being attached and interested in nerdy stuff like gaming and star wars... But the force is indeed strong I just had to look in the right places to fit in :)
Major roadblock to my nerd ways was my mother, heh.. It's the typical Asian parent routine, study become a doctor or an engineer.. But mom I want to be a superhero? She didn't get that back then.. but now she does.. cause when I wear underwear over my jeans I can see it in her eyes, she's a proud mama :) Looking forward to exploring the creative side of the group, reading some awesome fiction and fan fiction and hopefully getting to collaborate and have a blast with you guys. Much love, btw that costume was incredible.. Comic con started a couple of years ago over here but it isn't reached the level that it is in the states and other places.. Looking forward to visiting America and going to comic con someday. Cosplayers are just gorgeous. Do any of you play the popular game League of Legends? 

10 Years Ago

Greetings:)

I'm a long time writer, but have only recently started writing full time. Life and jobs and kids and responsibility always seemed to get in the way, and as a result my writing suffered. 

Now I'm finally realizing my dream and sit comfortably on my a*s all day writing. I'm slowly going broke (freelance ghostwriting is not exactly a highly paid profession) but I'm enjoying my life more then I have for many years. 

I look forward to interacting with you all, swapping stories, reviewing each other's projects, and gaining insight and heretofore unknown skills in this creative Art they call writing...:)