Newcomers : Forum : How would I be able to identif..

How would I be able to identify if I can write a book or I'm just writing without purpose of combining

8 Years Ago

Hi Guys I've been writing for a very long time, non fiction, more so 'my story' with a spin of colourful examples of pinnacle moments and short stories of experience then completely different, poems, sayings, mantras. As I pass through life I continue to add to this, I one day hope to restore my typewriter completely and compile everything into a story about "life, when it's no longer about you", however I cannot seem to force myself to re read what I have previously written, although that piece is on the paper and now it cannot be felt again. Even when I try, each sentence looses its meaning as I read it, like its only meant to be written by me not read by me, is this normal? Probably not but has anyone encountered it and have a theory on why my mind is blocking my words out? On a larger note, how do you know if you can write? How do you know if your writings can somehow form a full story from beginning to end without feeling asthough 14 different people have written it, 14 people being the different writing style I have depending on my life and the place I'm in mentally... I guess I'm asking if all my words, as disjointed as a timeline can go, can they be formed into something or do you start from scratch? With intent to write a story not the sheer force to express your insides on paper?