Night Syndrome : Forum : Suggestions

Suggestions

15 Years Ago

Over here, you can suggest any improvements that could make the group a much more enjoyable experience. I can't speak for everyone on the site, so your feedback is paramount to this group's popularity.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

it be cool, if you chose a writer to make a statement, a story, or something, each week, randomly.  I think that would get everyone up.  Maybe we need a narcoleptic moment post, where writers who are up on the night, just post something, their thoughts.  Just, a thought, :S

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hmmm, sounds good. It makes sense after all. I mean, the members of this group are supposed to love the night, mainly because there's hardly anyone around at that time to bother you. I was going to start advertising each member's writing on the group page, but I was wondering whether I should also make this group a little more personal and bring about a kinda MySpace/LiveJournal influence, where people can just talk about anything, including personal problems, and discuss, etc.

I'm also going to be inputting a chatbox here soon, as well as one on my profile page. I think it will help each member to get closer to one another, share constructive criticism, and just become more comfortable with things in general, especially with writing. I know for a fact that one of the main factors that limit the actual potential of a writer is that they try to perfect their writing beyond perfection, which in some cases just isn't fun. So yeah, I'm thinking of helping writers to get over their pride and write for the fun of it. It's definitely more comfortable and they will become more open with themselves and others.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I think an ingroup contest would be fun. That way, anyone who wants to compete must be a member. Use some prompt having to do with the night, and see what happens. This is also a way to get the current members more involved with the group. A total of three people have posted on the forum? Thats kinda sad.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I know what ya mean Pandora guy! LOL Welst, I am posting a thought.  Here it goes.  I like what Kiwi said about writing and being overcritical.  I have gotten at both ends reviews that are positive and negative, sometimes outside the Cafe.  It gets me sad, upset, and I must say, dissolusioned.  I forgot that writing should be fun.  Also, some writers refuse to read my work because it is romantically based.  I love the 1800's and emulate Poe, Austen, and the Brontees in style that is.  Some just don't understand that.  Thus, I must say, the writers I picked are in the horror, or romance or both.  Moreover, I choose my topics, or influences from romantic music-gothic almost like a Perfect Circle, or Chevelle (rock), etc.  Yours truly, 1809BPD

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I was thinking of ways to make the members of this group realise that when I want them to take it seriously, I mean business. I am going to put up a Book Club section, where we will have conversations either on YIM or on a separate chatbox. I prefer YIM because if someone can't make it to the meeting, we can easily save the conversation and send it to them. But when I say Book Club, I literally mean an on-line one. Obviously, we must take into consideration that some people might live too far away from bookshops, or might have financial issues (in which case e-books would be life-savers), but we'll have to set up times, especially when the time frame changes. For example, I'm one hour ahead of GMT, and others are with American time, etc. so it will pose problems, but nothing co-operation and understanding can't fix. This Book Club will be different from the Booklovers Cove section. The latter is just for recommendations, whereas with the Book Club, we'll really get into the book. For this, I'll also be setting up a contacts page, where people will list their names, as well as their e-mail addresses.

I've got some pretty good ideas for this club. I suggest we take them one step at a time. :P No hurry.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I love the idea of a book club....but what are we going to read? And why do you need our emails and stuff? Oh, and what is YIM?? I only use gtalk, the google chat function. I don't chat with anything else, but we could use the forum for the club.
I don't know how many times I have had a conversation (or ten) on a forum, with lots of back and forth posting between me and a few others. If this forum doesn't we could set up one on freewebs.com . Just an idea.