Novel Writers For Novel Writers : Forum : Novel Work

Novel Work

16 Years Ago

I just wanted to take the time and introduce my writing. I currently have 2 novels posted on the Cafe they are:

1. Realm of Shadows. This is my baby,which I've been working on for nearly 20 years now. At one time it was completed, but now re-written. This book is a fantasy, but I feel it's different in that it's not as heavy on the action, but more the characters. Of course these characters have grown with me over the many years.

2. When Hell Freezes. This is a Supernatural/Horror that I began to dream up about a year ago. It's a growing piece and most is still brewing in my mind. However as a feel the need to pen a chapter, it becomes alive and I find the story driving me. Thus I feel I can take this one far.

Either piece needs great improvements, I feel and I can use all the advice I can get. So, chose your genre and have a fun digging into my imagination.

Let me know what works anyone would like me to review and I will. And if I read it, I review it. However I am the worst at Grammer and Spelling, thus I'll review more so on content and story than actual editing.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Wow....I cant imagine working on a novel for 20 years....I've been slogging thru mine for about three and I'm ready to be done with it!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Well, the biggest issue with working on it for so long was that I was actually completed in 1993, but lost due to a few reasons, at that point I started on it in 1988. Thus it was only 5 years start to finish, working a few nights and weekends. I have just re-written 3/4 of it since then, but now it is bigger and I think better.

There are more on my machine that were started in:

The Medallion: 1985 - Not complete. It is actually the 4 in my Shades of Gray Series which Realm of Shadow is the first, but is actually the first in the timeline, well sorta.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Wow. I could never imagine actually FINISHING a novel. lol. Right now I'm working on Broken Symphony, which I have the first chapter on here, which is about an abused schitzophrenic teenager, and Hopelessly, which is sort of a little autobiography of about a 3-year long time period. I'm stuck on the beginning of Hopelessly though. lol.