Novels & Short Stories : Forum : Editor Needed

Editor Needed

5 Years Ago

Cheers!

My name is Jeremy L. Jones and I'm looking for an editor the second book of a planned seven-book science fiction series.

A quick overview of the book:
By the mid-twenty-first century, the Global Civilization had expanded to the moons and planets of the solar system.  Then, for reasons nobody completely understands, civilization collapsed and the Earth entered a new dark age.  The far-flung colonies and their inhabitance were left to develop by themselves.
It is the year 3100 and humankind has returned to the stars.
A group of explorers has arrived on Venus and discovered a lost society nestled among its tallest mountains.  They are welcomed into the city and are shown the wonders of a militaristic utopia.  But the explores soon find a terrible secret that puts them in a confrontation with the city's leadership.  As events spiral out of control the group's leader has to make a choice.  Either stick to her mission and leave the society to its murderous ways or lead a revolution and risk destroying a thousand years of forgotten history.

I'm looking for a round of line editing and proofreading (not necessarily from the same editor).  I have a budget but, as an author just getting started in the self-publishing racket, not a terribly big one.  This would be an ideal project for someone with a little experience who needs a few novels in their portfolio and a couple happy clients on their side.

If you are interested, send me a short email with whatever qualifications you have to [email protected].