Order Of The Magic Scroll : Forum : Favorite Character?

Favorite Character?

16 Years Ago

Out of all the characters in your novel or future novel...which is your favorite one? Why and explain to us a little bit about this character.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I would have to say my favorite character out of my novel would have to be Mousorrow. I base all my character’s personalities off people I actually know and Mousorrow is based off of my own. So yeah I’m a little biased towards Mousorrow but I can’t help it. Mousorrow is a male Therion around the age of 125 or so...I would know more accurately but Therions don’t keep a logical sense of time. For those of you who haven’t read into my story and caught on yet…a Therion is my version of what is commonly known as were-creatures. He is from the Wolf Therion tribe Orogga and one of the most popular tribesmen. I can’t think of anything else to tell you all without giving away parts of the story. NEXT!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

It's difficult to decide on my favourite character.  I love Alleyn from my Cult of Hahn.  He has a surprise coming, several actually, but he (at the current state in Chapter 4) is an innocent boy brainwashed by his religion.  Liz/Hora has to break him from his ways, and it's fun to try to predict his reactions.

My real favorite has to be Carla from my short story Not Again.  I think it is going to be longer, in fact, I've already written part of another chapter.  She has a problem.  Her body seems to be a playground for bored souls, and she suffers from long blackouts where they take over her body and abuse it, usually for kinky rough sex, but she only gets to pick up the pieces when she wakes up, always naked, having to figure out where and when she is.  She's discovered also that her two college-aged children have inherited the same malady.  I've had so much fun writing her.  It's more magical realism than fantasy, but I'm a writing chameleon, writing whatever takes my fancy.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Everest Merrytoad McQueen from The Hidden Flute. He spent much of his life as the head of the Knights of El Celeste, The Kings royal Task force, only stand back and watch it become corrupted during the (literally) dark times in the story. though old and wise, his personality is totally witty, sarcastic, and pretty much everything I wish mine was. putting him through a bit of heartbreak in the end wasn't exactly easy in that respect, but hey, every character needs thier conflicts I suppose. plus, he spends alot of his time in the story as an adorable frog...and frogs are awesome. haha

:)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Wow, favorite Character, that's hard.  Thier all special and I love 'em all, but if I would have to pick one. Hmmmm

It would have to be Capt. Catherine "Cat" Foster from Realm of Shadow.  Her character was created in my mind long before the actual story was started.  Over the years this young lady has matured to a point that she wishes to settle down, an issue not in the orginal draft of the tale.

Her past was hard on her, but she adapted and while raising her little brother Cat managed to climb up the ranks of the elite Pirates of Alexi from the city of Port Alexi. She loves the sea and the freedom that it inspires, but now, later in her life, she's yearning for something more, something stable.

She thought that was Jason Shadowgrass, a handsome rogue from Islesen, then as our story begins, she finds out he betrayed her trust and the deadly organization she works for.  Now, she was asked to bring him in, a task she thought would be simple, but emotions and other bad timed events make that a little harder than she thought.

Cat is beautiful, emotional, loyal, and skillful in combat.  She can be as deadly as she can be loving, and I just love to write her.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

My favorite character...hmmm.  I've developed a lot of characters that I am very fond of for many different reasons.  I guess I'd have to say that Athan from The Sons of Light trilogy I'm working on is my favorite.

Athan is an Angel (a cherub), creature of the divine, yet so incredibly flawed; he is a walking complication.  His emotions tend to go toward extremes and he follows his gut and not his head.  In his life thus far, he has seen his entire world around him fall to chaos and violence, seeing a friend tortured and then having that friend die before his eyes.  And he now lives in a world that he has unwillingly been cast into and where he does not fit in.  Yet through all this, he still believes he can find redemption for himself and his true home.

Athan was actually a character I had developed for a completely different series, but when I came up with The Sons of Light, I kept coming back to Athan.  He was the character meant for THIS story.  I love seeing him develop and change as I write.  

My favorite book character that is not my own would be Drizzt Do'Urden from R.A. Salvatore's Legend of Drizzt series (from the Forgotten Realms).