Ornery Woman : Forum : What elements of being a woman..

[reply] [quote]

What elements of being a woman make a writer unique?

17 Years Ago

I was wondering what other writers thought about how a woman's experiences and perspective shape her writing...besides just the obvious points (a woman writing about a woman's perspective).

Do the fundamental qualities that we all know differentiate men and women physically and emotionally transfer over into their writing - or do you think in the art medium a writer/artist/musician's voice is more of a universal thought and can be just that - a writer, regardless of gender?

Where does the artist just be the artist and not either man or woman? Or is that not possible because of the subtle (and not so subtle) differences in the sexes?

I am not sure myself, and thought I'd throw that out there and see what anyone thought.

:)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm new here but thought I would jump in. Just to say that I'm probably not the best person to answer this ::tongue:: since I usually write from a male POV. So, in answer, I think there are probably some genres where women write from a woman's perspective, and others where that might not be so true. Then again, I am probably making all of my men far too feminine!! Maybe trying to point out the way men should act, IMHO. LOL

Jenna