Our writings are the best gifts of all! : Forum : Draft of the letter I want to ..

[reply] [quote]

Final version of the letter I sent to Charles Konsor!

15 Years Ago

Dear Charlie,

First and foremost, we would like to point out that we as members of the 'I Miss My Gifts ... They All Have Vanished/ I Miss Giving Gifts To My Friends' Group, generally appreciate what you are offering us on a daily basis.
Maintaining and keeping a server up and running is not our idea of a picknick. Sometimes errors occur and need to be fixed. I can imagine that on some occasions of this happening, you do not even have the chance to notify us writers, because ... the server is down.
The server needs to be up and running in order to notify us, that we do understand.
During the 2 days the server was down, many of us feared for their works. Now, most people tend to back up their works using a word processor. However, I can imagine the frustration of a writer losing his/ her work in the process of backing up ... especially when it was a larger size work such as a book!
Most of us were relieved to see the site appearing again after 2 days. Albeit with some features missing: most of them came back in due time.
Some like 'Gifts' or 'Notes' remained missing ...
We all waited a few days for them to reappear, but alas, to no avail.
Some of us noticed that rumours and gossip started to spread among the WritersCafe members. Such actions are never constructive and can be harmful to the wonderful forum that WritersCafe is!
Charlie, I do know you take your task as a moderator seriously. I know that you have helped out some of the people here when their reviews got slandered and that you have taken appropiate action. We do appreciate that!

However, when changes are being made without notifying the users of WritersCafe, the users feel a bit left out, when it comes to communicating the changes …

I for one, noticed a lot of frustration among friends, users reviewing my writings and the members of this Group, because of the lack of communication once the server was up again … Most of us feel that if changes had been announced, there would have been less frustration!

The reason I started 'I Miss My Gifts ... They
All Have Vanished/ I Miss Giving Gifts To My Friends' Group was to maintain the nice and active community of writers we have here.
The aim of the group is to figure out if there would be some constructive way to vent and to list the pros and contras of 'Gifts'.

The members of this Group tend to find gifts constructive for various reasons, such as:

• A way of letting our friend know we are thinking of them.
  • Gifts can be used as a constructive way to encourage a writer, as a form of recognition, to congratulate someone on their latest achievement, as virtual presents on several occasions, such as birthdays.
  • We do understand there could be some concern about using gifts in an inappropriate manner, such as purposely distracting, spamming or harassing writers. In such cases, we do not feel that the Gifts are to blame but rather the person that sent them.

Additional concerns:

• What happened with the points we used to buy our Gifts with?
  • The 'Notes' feature also disappeared. Many found this a useful tool while reviewing.

Positive changes:

• The preview function! This is very helpful, thank you!
  • In Groups: clicking on the moderator's avatar now leads us to the moderator's account, very informative!

Dear Charlie,

I hope you are not offended by this letter or by the creation of our Group. We all love WritersCafe and we merely wanted to point out some of our concerns in a constructive manner.
In the name of the members of this Group, I hope we can find some way of reconciling our differences.

Yours Sincerely,
alternative_be aka Denise Hendrikx

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Thanks for your suggestions, I adjusted the letter already (hence the CSS mark)

The letter will be sent tomorrow morning (GMT + 1)

Denise