People For The Ethical Treatment Of Write Club : Forum : Wine & Spirits

Wine & Spirits

17 Years Ago

OK, Alex said to come up with ideas for a new thread. How about we discuss wines and spirits, to learn from others' tastes and experiences what wines go with what foods, what years are best, that kind of thing?

Something new and different (ok, maybe it IS cliche, so what?) and can go right along with the weekly Wine Wednesdays.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

mmmm talking about recipies... I have a killer recipie for Whole Spelt Bluberry Pancakes, for anyone out there who can't eat wheat (like me... sob...)

Give it a try...

 1 cup whole spelt flour
 1 cup white spelt flour (if you can't find white spelt flour use two cups of whole spelt flour and add extra liquids later)
 1 teaspoon baking powder
 2 eggs
 2 cups of either rice milk or regular milk... which ever you prefer, although the rice milk will make the batter slightly sweeter
 1 tablespoon of vanilla
 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries (if you're using frozen defrost before mixing into the batter)

In a bowl combine dry ingredients, mix well. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. You may find that you need more milk, I find that spelt flour absorbs lots of liquid, so add more milk a little at a time until you get the right, smooth consistency. Finally, add your blueberries. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned, and serve with your favorite topping.

MMMmmmmm goodness......