Percy Bysshe Shelley and William Wordsworth Lovers : Forum : Just to get things started

[reply] [quote]

Just to get things started

13 Years Ago

Just to get things started here My favorite poem by Wordsworth is "I wandered Lonely as a Cloud" But with Shelly it is a bit different I really have no favorite by him  most of his poetry is on a personal basis but he is among the best IMHO. What are the opinions of ya'll members? I see that we have thirty members as of now What's the rush? don't all of you reply at the same time It wold be too much to read.  I wait.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Just to get things started

13 Years Ago

Ok, I'll go...just joined today... :-)  My favorite poem by Wordsworth (and it is a hard choice) is "...Tintern Abby" simply because of how it speaks to me of my own feelings, about how nature and the natural world effect me so deeply..                "And I have felt
      A presence that disturbs me with the joy
      Of elevated thoughts; a sense sublime
      Of something far more deeply interfused,
      Whose dwelling is the light of setting suns,
      And the round ocean and the living air,
      And the blue sky, and in the mind of man;
      A motion and a spirit, that impels                             
      All thinking things, all objects of all thought,
      And rolls through all things. "      I am, and have always been a lover of fields, woods, and water.. I think these words of Wordsworth reflect in every one of my poems..   Ummm it is my opinion that William Blake started the "Romantic" movement, and that Shelly and Wordsworth carried it to a different  level...with Coleridge tagging along..   I think I am going to enjoy this forum.... hope others step up..     ice
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I posted something else, but it dissapeared..I tried to fix what I wrote about tintern, but it keeps coming up mixed up..Maybe wc is acting up again..hope you can read the mess I left..but it wasn't on purpose.. ice
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

My 'Favorites' just keep changing over time. My current favorites would be:

'The Old Cumberland Beggar' by W and 'Stanzas written in Dejection near Naples' by Shelley.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by ice
I posted something else, but it dissapeared..I tried to fix what I wrote about tintern, but it keeps coming up mixed up..Maybe wc is acting up again..hope you can read the mess I left..but it wasn't on purpose.. ice

Same stuff happened with me. Try replying with the 'Post Reply' link at the top. It works fine.. :)