Pink Ribbon - Breast Cancer Survivors : Forum : A Note to the Moderator and Al..

[reply] [quote]

A Note to the Moderator and All Who Enter Here

16 Years Ago

Dear A.J.,

This is a beautiful Group.  You have honored all of us by your most generous and respectful embrace by creating this Group.

I must say one thing, though...you said that you personally are not a survivor; because the disease did not 'physically' invade your body.  A.J.; I understand that statement, but the disease touched you closely, took a loved one from your life...

you ARE a survivor....

Breast Cancer inflicts 'one', yet strikes many who love the 'one'...

We shall stand together, ALL of us...and hold each other up...

I will not say this journey is easy...
I will not say this journey is without pain, fear, rage, doors being closed....
I will not say this journey always has happy endings....

....but...

I will say...

This journey brings with it the empowerment to see who we truly are...
This journey can be the greatest blessing ever bestowed upon a person; for prior to it some never truly 'lived'; it is after the diagnosis that 'life' became precious.
This journey opens our minds, bodies and hearts to a world that we never knew existed before....

We have been given freedom to raise our heads and 'scream' ...

"I am okay...I won't allow anyone to hurt me again in any way...I will LIVE MY LIFE ON MY TERMS NOW..."

A.J., thank you most sincerely for this....

To all that enter here...may the color 'pink' bring with it a peaceful embrace, placid rivers to ride upon and fields of the most various hues of delicate pink flowers that float along the horizon as far as your eyes can see...and may you always know you heart is safe here...whatever you write...your emotions are not the first to have ever been felt; others have already walked the path...but know that you will never be alone and if you wish the comfort of those who have traveled before you...all you have to do is reach out and you will be most lovingly embraced ...

Celia Allen

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I agree with all my heart Celia - A.J honours  his  mother with this group, he honours us, the sister survivours  he knows of within WritersCafe  and he honours all those yet to speak.

Anyone touched by breast cancer is a survivior, be it yourself, a family member, a partner, a friend, or even a neighbour.

You cannot walk beside us and not feel. 

You cannot sit in the waiting room and see people with shaven heads and beautiful smiles --  and not feel.

You cannot hear the cries of one who lost their mother or child to this disease --  and not feel.

You cannot see a sixteen year old, wearing a coloured scarf on her bald head, weeping in the arms of her mother who is also receiving treatment after losing a breast -- and not feel.

Thank you A.J.   you are a friend and a special person to reach out to us this way.

I just hope that survivors of  all cancers - other than Breast Cancer - find someone to offer them the same support on WritersCafe.

Jen-JG