Poetry 101 : Forum : Hello!

Hello!

9 Years Ago

Hello! and welcome to Poetry 101! I made this group for people who love poetry. Please post your writing here and I will try to review them!        ~Emily  

Re: Hello!

9 Years Ago

Hi Emily,
I'm glad you invited me to join. This group sounds like a really good idea, and I'll definitely be posting some of my poetry in here :)

9 Years Ago

I like this group. Thanks for creating it. :) -ae

8 Years Ago

Hey Emily. Looking forward to read and share poetry her.

Re: Hi :)

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the invite. I'm new here, excited yet nervous because I'm unsure how to post!! Yikes- I'm gonna try to post something with hopes you all like it and can view it. Xoxox andrea

8 Years Ago

I'm actually here to post for my friend SoulExchanger who's really shy and is very laconic. Her name is SoulExchanger (
She's pretty new on Writer's Cafe, and writes mostly on WordPress, but it'd be great if you guys could check out her work.

(And maybe mine too if you have time hahaha) 

8 Years Ago

hello :) thanks for inviting me on here, this group looks pretty cool. And of course I'd be sharing some of my works in here! xD
-Amy

8 Years Ago

Hi Emily, how are you doing? I would like to thank you for making this group (I just started, so I am excited!) I look forward to reviewing the works of others and hopefully the same will happen with me.

8 Years Ago

Hi, and thanks for letting me join this page.  I am new, and quite excited to get reading and knowing other members, along with contributing with pieces of my own.

8 Years Ago

hello,
         Yeah just joined and started writing again for the first time in many many years, few up from last few days if anyone wants a look.

Cheers Dave

8 Years Ago

OK! Here goes. I will post just one poem for the time being, but you can find others on my own page. The title of this poem is CONVENIENTLY ABSENT. I look forward to hearing from you. Bill Drayton.

You sit alone, 
neglected, 
in your study-room, 
day after day 
the well of tears drains away, 
your spirit of life is parched for lack of sustenance, 
you have now turned off 
the sounds of harmony and rhythm, 
the space has emptied of meaning now, 
they who were once your hearth and home
have driven you out 
into a barred solitude 
under the same, familiar roof 
but on separate, disjointed lines, 
you are no longer loved as yourself, 
for you have become scandalous
to the strangers in your midst, 
but today they are conveniently absent, 
at work or school or church, 
you have prepared 
the means of your exit with care, 
nothing is left to chance or change of mind, 
the letter lies open and clear out on the desk, 
they may read your explanation 
and take note for themselves 
or pretend it was never written in their home, 
you rise from your irksomely comfortable seat, 
possessed of a steel-eyed resolve 
that all will be done as planned, 
gathering the materials for the journey, 
you leave your space 
and descend the dim-lit stairs 
into the sudden vacuum you have created, 
you move effortlessly and gracefully 
through to the empty garage, 
the stool waits for you 
in the centre of a circle of fire, 
you step into the breach and rest.

8 Years Ago

Hi!
Looking forward to checking out the site.
I like sit down with a cup of coffee and have a read.
I mud wrestle my heart. It rewards peanuts for my efforts.
- Cheers, DB

8 Years Ago

Thank you for creating such a thoughtful environment.  This will give me a safe haven of continuity and structure, instead of me meandering through the bewildering amount of great poetry on this site.  I get overwhelmed easily of late and this will give me a sense of direction.

I hope to grow and learn through the insights and guidance of the members, but most of all, I hope all of you enjoy my work, not for me ... but for your selves.

8 Years Ago

Originally posted by DreadfulBride
I mud wrestle my heart. It rewards peanuts for my efforts.
- Cheers, DB

I love it! 

8 Years Ago

hello i am new to this group ........ 

8 Years Ago

Hello everyone I am new to this group and have always loved poetry! Never got serious about writing consistently only until recently, I have posted 2 poems so far, If you all can read and give some feedback that would be awesome! I am looking to better myself in this hobby...so yeah, Thanks.

8 Years Ago

Originally posted by Emily
Hello! and welcome to Poetry 101! I made this group for people who love poetry. Please post your writing here and I will try to review them!        ~Emily  

Thanks for inviting me! How do you post just to this group? Barbara

7 Years Ago

Dear Emily, thanks for the opportunity to join your beautiful group Poetry 101. Sometimes in life a poem can summon us to an edge that scares us, but we know we have to face it. In the tone of a poem that stretches you beyond your comfort zone. From my experiences poetry calls me into communion with people around the world and across time. I am invited into the inner life of someone I took to be a stranger and am shocked to find myself utterly connected. I choose poetry to bring into the deep waters of my life and this changing world. Thanks again to be a part of this beautiful group. I see essential beauty and wisdom in your verses that attract combustion of life , I mean the definition of combustion by the means of process of burning stuff we don't need that weighs the world down and most importantly our souls. Keep writing Emily. P.S I made a group called (Life's Followers), and invite you to join and your members in Poetry 101 as well. Keep being Awesome! Love for all and blessed souls .

7 Years Ago

Hello, I am Marianne. I am new here and I am thrilled to see other people that enjoy poetry as much as I do. I look forward to posting my work here as well as reading others' work.

7 Years Ago

Hello all, I'm excited to find this group. I've added some of my writings, but I'm not sure how to post them to get reviewed. Any help would be appreciated. Happy writing, Jared