Poetry Workshop : Forum : Please Introduce Yourself

Please Introduce Yourself

10 Years Ago

Please use this thread to introduce yourselves. Tell us about your writing experience and your hopes for the future in writing.

I am Lori Carlson, the moderator of Poetry Workshop. I have been writing since I was 8 yrs old and writing poetry since I was about 10. I have a Bachelors in English and a Masters in Arts and Liberal Studies. Writing poetry is my passion and my hope for the future is to get a chapbook published.

Re: Please Introduce Yourself

10 Years Ago

Hello everyone!  My name is Angi.  I have been writing since high school.  I have been married for almost 20 years and I have two beautiful kids.  I was excited to see this new group because I think it might help open previously closed doors in some of our writings.  I look forward to working with you all! 

10 Years Ago

Welcome Angi! I do hope this group will hold up to my expectations.. who doesn't need help with a poem once in a while? So glad you've joined.

10 Years Ago

Hi everybody. I'm Maria and I've been writing poetry in Gaelic since 1999. I'm trying to write in English now - hopefully I will succeed. Love to meet you all and hope its fun as well as useful. Thanks for letting me in :)

Maria 

10 Years Ago

Originally posted by Maria Ni Mhurchu
Hi everybody. I'm Maria and I've been writing poetry in Gaelic since 1999. I'm trying to write in English now - hopefully I will succeed. Love to meet you all and hope its fun as well as useful. Thanks for letting me in :)

Maria 
Thanks so much for joining us, Maria. I look forward to reading your work and helping you with anything you need.

10 Years Ago

Hi, my name is Gene.  I've been writing since I was a kid.  Most of my poetry is free form.  My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, Jim Morrison, and the Beatles.

10 Years Ago

Welcome Gene! Those are some awesome poets.. glad to have you with us. If you have any problem poems, please submit them and let us know on the forum. There are also 3 poems up for review and assistance on the forum.. if you would, please see if there is any help or advice you can give to those.

10 Years Ago

Hey! My name's Junaid. I'm an A' level student. I used to write poems back when i was 10-12 but then I sort of stopped and now I've started again. :)

10 Years Ago

My name is Judy and I am a published poet -  I would love to network with people -  I have published and will continue to publish - so I want a new audience

10 Years Ago

Hello everyone, my name is Jared. I'm 18 years old and just recently in the past month found poetry coming easily to me so I decided to do something with it. I've decided to commit to writing and see where this road takes me. I gladly accept any and all input on my writing as I am constantly striving to improve.

10 Years Ago

Hi my name is Melecia and I have been writing since I was 13 years old. I found solace and comfort in writing and it has been a tool to combat the challenges and negative circumstances in my life. As I continue to be inspired as I got older, I found ways to expand on my writing styles. Happy to be a part of this group!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G.M

9 Years Ago

Hi, I'm Gemma and I'm seventeen years old. I realise that sounds like one of those silly groups you are made to do in highschool to introduce yourself, but hey I was asked to introduce myself and those are really the fundamental components. I haven't been writing long but in the last couple of years I've really found my passion for it and want to continue to further and better myself. Writing has been an escape for me so I apologise in advance if you find any of my poems disturbing or dark. I have no idea what the future holds for me or writing but I would love to write for the rest of my life! I appreciate any critiques or criticism's that you have and hope you enjoy snippets of my life on paper (well computer, but you know what I mean).