Project: Writer : Forum : Working Group Idea

Working Group Idea

16 Years Ago

It would be great if we could get this group to be a working group. Maybe have the moderator break people into teams of 5, where we review a work from each person once a week, comment on that work in a forum thread, and rotate. Other suggestions would be fine, but would love to have things active where we could be throwing around ideas, comments, and suggestions.

Any thoughts?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

That does sound like a good idea, would get people's work noticed. Maybe it can involved the featured writer's piece of work, perhaps? Anyone else have any ideas?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Well being new to this site, I'm not quite sure others are in here to be involved more, or just to get their picture out as more promotional. One group I'm in that is memior specific has absolutely no activity whatsoever. I would love to get a group of people together interesting in reading and critiquing others work. Wouldn't take too much time out of your week. I envision it akin to a book club where you're assigned a reading and discuss it weekly. Except the reading would be members of this workgroup.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I agree.

I join groups in hope to see some activity but they usually tend to fade away after a week. So disappointing. Hopefully this will be different.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

If I am honest I am currently tied up with other stuff but I am coming on here as often as I can to keep involved with the growth of the group. I will change the featured writer very shortly and we can sort out some kind of group thing. It's great to see you lot coming up with ideas, I hope we can put them into practice.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

O.K., we have a couple, any others interested in getting involved in a working group?

I would imagine the commitment not to be extreme, given the amount of time people need for their own works, and other activities in their lives. I am picturing for all those interested, we pick a person (at random), and ask them to submit a piece. We all review it, comment here, but also leave our comments on their writerscafe web space, under feedback for that piece (so it can show that it got veiws and reviews).

1 article/person per week seems reasonable. So if you're interested post here. If you have other ideas, please post here too!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

here, here!

I'm game.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi

I'm interested in this; I work nights and am away from home for at least 4 nights of the week but I'm pretty sure I would be able to post/review other people's work once a week. I've usually got an internet connection in most of the places I work too.

Vx

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Awesome, lets give this thread at least through the weekend to see how many takers we have, and we can decide (depending on the numbers), how many work groups we want to set up. My thought is 5 per group, this way each member gets a review week at least once every 5 weeks.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm like Vicky... I also work nights and am on call basically 24 hours a day. But I would definitely make time for this.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yeah, that's why I figure 1 review a week wouldnt' be too stressful. I have seen another invite only group on here where they require 4 reviews per week. After initially requesting an invite I have since changed my mind as that's just too much.

1 is doable and keeps things active, 4 is too much, for me anyway.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I like the idea of critiquing one piece a week. That's basically what I joined this group for. Everyone might not be able to participate every week, but if the minimum could be a twice a month thing I think that would fit into most people's agendas.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm up for it. Always looking for new stuff to review, reading is what got me onto writing in the first place =p. Plus I would love a chance at having some of my stuff read. I think that would work out very well, and one a week won't be hard at all.

-7h3fr34k

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Anyone else, as this weekend ticks down?

Here's the group listing as I see it so far.

Rusty (don't know if you're interested but you posted in this thread so there) ::tongue::
myself
Shaun Hardy
B. Davies
Vicky Ann Smith
Brooklyn Darkchild
7h3fr34k

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yeah I am definitely game, it's one of the reasons why I set this group up in the first place. Yeah let's see who we have by the end of tomorrow (Monday). I will send an email out about it now.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

count me in Alex. I saw the email Rusty sent out this morning and thought that it's definitely a good idea.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

This sounds like a great idea!

I'm in! ^_^

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I like it. Sign me up.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

EDIT: Looks like Rusty has a handle on things. :)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

count me in :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev