Project: Writer : Forum : Some advice

Some advice

16 Years Ago

Alright, I need some help here. Right now I'm writting a story, but I've had ideas for a story floating around in my head for over a year now. In order not to forget it I wrote down a rough synopsis of the story so that when I get to writing it I know where I wanted to go with it. The synopsis is found there. I would love for you all to read it and then answer these three questions about it. Does it sound like something that would keep you intrigued? Does it sound like something you've read before? Does it sound like something you've seen in a movie before?

Thank you!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

David. I clicked the link and "reviewed" the synopsis. It sounds interesting and it doesn't strike me very strongly as anything I've seen or read. I don't really read a horror genre or whatever genre this might be written in. Maybe it wouldn't be a genre piece; I don't know.

Well, I typed out a whole thing over there, but if you want to ask anything else, I'd be happy to answer it here.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by James Joseph
David. I clicked the link and "reviewed" the synopsis. It sounds interesting and it doesn't strike me very strongly as anything I've seen or read. I don't really read a horror genre or whatever genre this might be written in. Maybe it wouldn't be a genre piece; I don't know.

Well, I typed out a whole thing over there, but if you want to ask anything else, I'd be happy to answer it here.

Thanks for the insite. I definitely see what you mean about making sure the characters aren't just there to fill a role. It's not something I ever really thought of really, but I definitely see what you mean and am now going to make sure that I don't fall into that trap!