Project Horror Writer's Review : Forum : What's Everyone Reading?

[reply] [quote]

What's Everyone Reading?

15 Years Ago

Death Grip by Brian Hodge
The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
The Canadian Press Stylebook

Just finished The Cold Spot by Tom Piccirilli...awesome.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I'm reading Patrick McCabe's "The Butcher Boy" and a collection of H.P. Lovecraft's scariest stories. 
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I haven't read too much horror lately.  I recently started reading a sci-fi series The Horus Heresy which is part of the Warhammer 40,0000 Universe.  I'm reading the latest book in ther series called "Legion" written by Dan Abnett.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Well,

As usual, I tend to be reading a few books, and, just as usual, tend to take forver to get through all of them. Currently, my attention has been going to A new collection of H.P. Lovecraft Tales titled, "Necronomicon." Normally, im not a big fan of illustrated Lovecraft collections, but the illustrations are rather impressive (forgive me for not remembering the artists name).

Ive been meaning to finish William Hope Hodgeson's "The Night Land". For this with an interest in the Epic and Bizarre, you wont be dissapointed with the subjects here. It tends to be a rather winded read, though (consider pre-Poe era prose style).

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Richard Matheson's short stories in I AM LEGEND and submissoins for Tabloid Purposes V.   I will go back and read the fourth anthology after I've published it and damn the stories still scare the s**t out of me.  Right now I've been busy writing my own short stories and novellas these days so all I have time to read are short story collections and other anthologies.  The anthology I've been reading off and on is New England Ghosts and Coach's Midnight Diner (re-reading The Diner.  I read this cover to cover when I first got the book and the editor sent me the complete e-book as kill some time.)  
         I read many of the anthologies I appear in too and a lot of small press anthologies too.   If you want a good anthology check out Darkened Horizons: Issue 3.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Alas, I'm not really into anything at the moment. I started reading House by Frank Peretti and some other guy, but have only been able to force myself to read 2 chapters so far. I need to start reading from The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror from 2001 tomorrow.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Unfortunately I have not the time to read much, too busy writing.  Though I am reading when I can: Dean Koontz's The Good Guy.  Just picked up Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game since a friend recommended it.  Also just bought Lincoln Child's Deep Storm
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

It is kind of silly but I have always been fascinated with Roman times and Cleopatra so now I'm reading Anotony and Cleopatra
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I'm currently re-reading Autumn: The City by David Moody
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Most of my reading seems to be research at the moment, none really horror:

Arbatel De magia veterum (Arbatel: Of the Magic of the Ancients)

Clavicula Salomonis  (The Key of Knowledge) a sixteenth century English translation of the Key of Solomon

Ars Notoria: The Notory Art of Solomon

The Sworne Booke of Honorius (Liber Juratus)

For lighter reading, I was directed to a website, reputedly of the entire collection of works by H P Lovecraft which I can recommend as a for-free source, and for anyone happy to read on computer screen. 

Other than these, a long term project - Dante’s Divine Comedy which has taken twenty years so far, and still only managed to get a third of the way through it.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I did begin reading The Glory Bus by Richard Layman.  I got over half way through and it got so predictable I gave up reading it.  I may go back to it one day when I am bored just to see how right I was, but right now I can't be doing with it, I hate predictable!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Just started Fishy Fleshed by Carlton Mellick III

If you haven't read his stuff yet, check him out. He's the most entertaining author in Bizzaro today. I've read almost a dozen of his books and every single one is awesome. That's rare.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Just finished Roland Topor's "The Tenant". I recommend this book to anyone with eyes. It also has a great introduction by Thomas Ligotti. Segue into "The Shadow At The Bottom of The World" by Ligotti. He is truly a genius when it comes to the craft. Fans of Lovecraft will surely find enjoyment in his tales.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

reading:

Prince of Twilight, vampire novel by Maggie Shayne

Lady of the Shroud, a haunted house story by Bram Stoker (author of the first Dracula novel).

glad to join this group, need some ideas to write my own horror story or novel.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I just finished Legend of Sleepy Hallow.  About to start War of the Worlds, then World War Z when I head to the beach in a few days.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I kind of want to get my hands on the Satanic Verses.  Call it an unhealthy grippage of curiousity if you want.  Anyway, finished my Lovecraft stuff and reading a collection of American Literature since 1870.