Questions on life and writing : Forum : Why do people delete read requ..

[reply] [quote]

Why do people delete read requests of stories and review the poems?

13 Years Ago

It's annoying! I should do what everyone else does, and spam people's private messages to get them to read my stuff, like everyone else does.

нι υ кєωℓ. ιм ωяιтιη α ѕтυяу ρℓz ¢αη υ яєνιєω ιт ¢σz ιм 14 αη∂ ι ωυ∂ яℓу ℓιкє ѕυм нєℓρ ρℓz. тнχ. кαуℓєιgнbαbєѕ χχ
[reply] [quote]

Re: Why do people delete read requests of stories and review the poems?

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by desbest

It's annoying! I should do what everyone else does, and spam people's private messages to get them to read my stuff, like everyone else does.

As someone who neglects read requests often do to me having little time to read, since I am always writing and editing and having little care to read in the first place I can kind of understand where people are coming from. You see poems are faster, which means they can review more of them in less time. This way they can keep their friends happy with reviews and reviewing them. I think that (although you should try to review people) if people really like your writing they will read you no matter what. It is just the fact that people are lazy, but spamming people isn't right. I ignore spams, and block them if it happens over and over. So I wouldn't recommend that.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Spamming is just a massive pain in the behind. I usually end up deleting/blocking people who continuously do that to me. I have a life outside of a computer and don't have time to read everything. Besides, I'd much rather find something I fancy reading.

I very rarely read poems, actually. I find them too boring. Much rather read a story or book, something I can get my teeth into, so long as it has an original plot. Anymore, poetry on this site is all 'Everyone hates me!" and "You don't love me, so I'm going to kill myself!'. It's just... blah!
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Well, Ashley said it mostly. I mean, I do that and that's part of the reason I stopped receiving read requests. I am lazy and I have a life outside my computer. Poems are so much easier and shorter to read because there can be so much, yet a lot of interpretations, a lot of things to say. That's what others do too. When looking at a poem, all a person has to do is talk about how beautiful it is and how wonderful, and how it brings up certain feelings (that are probably not even true)! A lot of poems basically have the same theme: sadness, heart ache, which there's nothing wrong with that, but there's too many.  

Although this is a site for constructive criticism, as a reader, I pay more attention to a story/poem/book that I come across that grabs my ACTUAL/TRUE attention like I just can't wait to read more of the piece. If I'm forced to read something, then I can't enjoy it as much and my interpretations and feelings are kind of manipulated (at least that's how I feel). It's like you're a scientist and you a mess up an experiment and cover it up by moving the results around to something you expected.  

I don't think you should do that because that will only piss off the reader and cause unwanted impressions of you such as insecure, annoying, and etc.One of the first keys in writing is to be confident in what you write. Let it sit there, and wait for people to gravitate towards your writing because you know it will. Get into groups and advertise on other sites. That's what I do. On this other site, I have in my signature/forum sign, the introduction of my story and wait to see who gets enticed. They message me and I give them the link...boo ya.... 

Please don't do start spamming.