Rebel Reviewers!!! ;D : Forum : I really need help!!!!!!

I really need help!!!!!!

12 Years Ago

Hi! I need help writing decription of fnacy dresses (like in the early history) and fancy hairstyles. I need them to my book (Dark Moon) because in there, they will have a ball. And I'm not so strong at discriptions. Please help me!

Re: I really need help!!!!!!

12 Years Ago

Re: I really need help!!!!!!

12 Years Ago

Old age? How old? Do you mean medieval, with giant hoop ball gowns and ringlet curls? And I bet you could do descriptions.First, come up with what it looks like in your mind. Descriptions do not have to be 100% accurate according to you; all readers will get different mental images, and most rather enjoy that. Just set out the basic structure, with a few details.
     The ball gowns would have large hoops and tight corsets, with fancy lace, fake flowers, and sashes. Another was a dress without the giant hoop, but still with corsets, and pretty designs. Sometimes, they had billowy sleeves with rings down the arm, so the puffy sleeves showed as a sort of bead look.

A popular hairstyle was the ringlet curls. Hair was curled so the hair looked like a bunch of tubes hanging from the head that bounced when one walked. Sometimes, the hair was done up in a hair ponytail, with the hanging strands curled into ringlets. Braids were also very popular, but were often used when working also to keep the hair out of the way, so the ringlets were viewed as the more sophisticated style. Yet another way of hair was a complicated way, where a head band was worn, and the hair gathered up behind the band to create the effect that the hair was a sort of hat. The hair was styled in whorls of sort, with waves and curls