Red Pen Edits : Forum : Sample Reviews by Members / Pr..

Sample Reviews by Members / Prospective members

12 Years Ago

In this thread, you will find links to various users' reviews.  This thread is for two primary purposes:

1.) For prospective members, the reviews you submit to an existing member of the group will be put here for other members to read.  If enough existing members vote that you have a good, thoughtful review style then we'll be happy to extend an invitation to you.

2.) For existing members, this is a place where you can find existing reviews by members.  You can use them for reference on each of our individual review styles in case there are certain things you're looking out for in a reviewer. 

Cheers!

Re: Sample Reviews by Members / Prospective members

12 Years Ago

I'll get the ball rolling:

1.) The Excalibur Mission by Weaver - Chapter 1 review
2.) An Avelan Night by Ashes - Chapter 1 review
3.) I Want the Moon by Blue Moon Ice Cream - Story review

12 Years Ago

Here's our first prospective:

Lou Briggs

12 Years Ago

Besides the fact that the poor guy seems like a glutton for punishment for reading this stuff (I can't make it past the first paragraph before just skipping down to read his review) I think he makes excellent reviews. In fact... his reviews are better than the stuff he's reviewing.

Sorry sorry! I know... that was really snarky and snobby... but holy crap - kudos to him for his perseverance.

I vote yes (not just because he's an excellent reviewer but I feel like he really needs some better material to read!!!)

*Mariko*

12 Years Ago

Aw, shucks!  Thanks a bunch!!  Super glad to be here, especially when my last group I was involved with kicked me out for saying that they needed to work on their reviews (true story.  I'm still laughing).

I'd like to nominate someone for consideration.  I received a few (FIVE!! =D) comments from Ecnelis:

(and then the other two chapters after that, if you're interested).  She's helped me considerably and brought things to my attention that I've skipped over close a million times (that's only a little hyperbole).  I asked if she'd like to join, and she'd LOVE to!

And, when reviewing, she tells her opinion in a helpful way, devoid of the sarcasm or slight loathing I feel when I read a hopeless work (and yes, as bitchy as it is to say, there are some hopeless works, a result from authors unwilling to learn).

So please take her into consideration!  

-Lou

12 Years Ago

Her reviews look thoughtful. I approve.