Rose Red's Penny Univeristy : Forum : Reviews

[reply] [quote]

Reviews

16 Years Ago

I was wondering what you thought about reviews, and how a review is constructive. I have always thought that constructive ment that it supported some way of making the piece better, rather than the "Man, this was great!" type of thing. Any thoughts?
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I personally think a review is constructive if it says WHY something works or doesn't. If it doesn't work, then suggesting something helps a great deal. After all, thoughts are free, and so is the option to take the suggestion or not. If it all works, then it's nice to know how and why it works--it's still constructive to me, and shouldn't be discounted just because there's nothing that can be 'fixed'. Sometimes a poem is great and just saying why is what matters, as opposed to "wow, great, loved it" which is a pretty half-assed thing to write.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

A constructive review is simply a review that helps the poem or the writer become better. I prefer reviews that tell me what I need to change, but the ones says "MAN THIS IS GREAT" are just as needed. Afterall they're what gives the writer the encouragment needed to keep writting. Both types are construction... just in diffrent ways ^.^