Scenarios : Forum : Scenario 3

[reply] [quote]

Scenario 3

11 Years Ago

You are walking past a lake when you hear a scream. You quickly but quietly go to the lake, which has a line of trees around it so you are concealed. You see dead ahead of you three men and five women all aggressively shoving each other into the water. It's easy to tell that they aren't playing, and no one is teaming up, it's a free for all that is sure to end in at least one death. You know you don't have much time, and the lake is far from civilization, so you can't contact anyone for help before anything regrettable happens. You have a megaphone, a bicycle that you rode to the lake on, a flare gun, a wallet with $3 dollars and a picture of your significant other inside, a magnifying glass, a cell phone, several rocks around you, and 30 feet of rope. What will you do? And yes, running away is an option.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Scenario 3

11 Years Ago

(Mine is lame, do forgive me)
Well, if they are fighting, then they are more likely than not some sort of criminals or law breakers. Therefore, what I would do is shoot the flare gun above the people's head, getting their attention. I would then take the megaphone and claim in a commanding voice that I was the police and they needed to get down with their heads down. One of them, thinking I'm bluffing, would ask for proof. Since I am still at a distance, I would pull out my wallet and show it to them like there was a badge inside. The people would get down, I would take the rocks around me, keeping them in one of my pockets in case something happened. I would tie all their hands with the rope, connecting them like a chain gang, the remainder to the tree. I would then make the 911 call and "ask for back-up".
[reply] [quote]

Re: Scenario 3

11 Years Ago

The first thing I would do is ask myself, "self, why are they fighting?" But because I have no prior knowledge of this fighting, that can't be answered. So I would continue down the tree line until I was very close to them. I would look for a huge tree to hide behind. Then tie the rope to an adjacent tree about a foot above the ground so that it makes a "line" between that tree and the huge tree I'm hiding behind and cover the rope. Then, I would then throw a rock the size of my hand really close to the fighting. It may make them pause for a moment and then I would "Bigfoot scream" in the megaphone. I would observe the people. I notice that four of the girls and a guy freeze for a second, then start running away, screaming for their lives. Mean while, one of the guys looks in my direction but it doesn't seem he noticed me. I look in the water and notice one male and one female faced down in the water and don't notice them move much (they probably died). I look back to that guy and he locked eyes with me. He starts yelling at me and begins to run toward me. I take off to the left with him following me. I make a big circle until I get to the tree, then I hide behind it, grabbing the rope and waiting for that guy. I hear him coming and right as he is by the tree, I pull the rope tight and I watch the guy tumble. The guy hits a tree stump with his knee and starts swearing. I walk up to him, keeping some distance, and say, "Sorry about that" and toss him the three dollars. Then say, "But next time, think before you act". I'd then proceed to walk away, shoot the flare gun straight up (because its fun to do), and continue along the way I was previously going.