Science Fiction : Forum : Young Adult/Science Fiction no..

[reply] [quote]

Young Adult/Science Fiction novel "Cold's Fire"

9 Years Ago

Hey,

I am looking for readers and reviewers for my story. Hope you enjoy it, it's been in the works for years so I'd love to have some outside opinions. 

Hope you enjoy!

Here is a summary for you:

The world has whited out for the city of Everglade. They are their own society and within it, there are afflicted teenagers who have developed new and unexplained abilities. They do not understand them so their first instinct is to rid themselves of this affliction. This is especially for Maya Garnet, the youngest in a military family who looks down on weakness. She and her brother, Cass are the last ones left and she must make her family proud. While trying to rid herself of the visions and ghosts that haunt her everyday life, she meets two young men.

Seth is another afflicted individual who pushes Maya to accept this part of herself and who introduces her to the truth of the situation. The other is Darren Price, a soldier who tries to convince her to use her strength for the good of her family name. They both have their own secrets, but ultimately Maya must decide if she is strong or if she is brave. Or can she be both? Her visions tell her about dark times ahead and icy fates for the town's people, but can
she save everyone and herself too. What will fate deal her? Will she ever be normal?