ScreenWriter's Cafe : Forum : Who are you? And why screenwri..

Who are you? And why screenwriting?

13 Years Ago

I'm a theater major/ screenwriting at EWU; I've always loved the art of film-making and the story telling aspect of it all is what I love the most. After watching so many bad movies I thought why not try it. lol

Re: Who are you? And why screenwriting?

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by FrantzoU
I'm a theater major/ screenwriting at EWU; I've always loved the art of film-making and the story telling aspect of it all is what I love the most. After watching so many bad movies I thought why not try it. lol

wow...thnks 4 inviting me to the group...I'm definitely into this field but haven't pursued it as much as I should. You're so luck to actually be able to go to school for it. I can only hope that one day I get to do the same. I so happened to have written my first screenplay like a month back and had actors and everything. Unfortunately we didn't get to film it. But hopefully if all goes well, when school reopens there will be a video. :)

13 Years Ago

Hey, thanks for the invitation! I actually haven't written any screenplays yet, but I've had one planned out for maybe 5 years now. I just haven't learned much about it or haven't gotten the hang of it enough to actually get started on it. So technically, I'm not a screenwriter-yet!
Hopefully, through listening to some of you guys, I can learn something. :3

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Holly O'Brien
Originally posted by FrantzoU

wow...thnks 4 inviting me to the group...I'm definitely into this field but haven't pursued it as much as I should. You're so luck to actually be able to go to school for it. I can only hope that one day I get to do the same. I so happened to have written my first screenplay like a month back and had actors and everything. Unfortunately we didn't get to film it. But hopefully if all goes well, when school reopens there will be a video. :)

I'm glad you are into the same thing too, screenwriting is hard but once you learn the rules and understand the art of it all it takes after that is practice. If you have anything you'd like to share I'd be glad to read and give you good feedback. :)

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Aimee E. Mahathy
Hey, thanks for the invitation! I actually haven't written any screenplays yet, but I've had one planned out for maybe 5 years now. I just haven't learned much about it or haven't gotten the hang of it enough to actually get started on it. So technically, I'm not a screenwriter-yet!
Hopefully, through listening to some of you guys, I can learn something. :3

The fastest way to learn screenwriting is to read a lot of screenplays. www.scribd.com can help with that.