Southern Horror Writers Association : Forum : spring fever and writing

spring fever and writing

16 Years Ago

i flew a kite in one of my hay fields yesterday. it was a cheap 1.00 kite, with uncle sam wanting me on it of all things. it was incredible fun and i noticed that later when writing i had a renewed energy ,my mind seemed sharper. i can't help but wonder if spring fever has given anybody elses writng a helping hand. i guess i will sign off by saying to all, go fly a kite lol

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

LOL, I haven't flown a kite since I was a kid. I'm looking forward to doing it with my boys when they are older and more coordinated! Especially my oldest Jace, that kid is so clumsy! :)

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

all in time pauline, mothers and fathers are memory makers if nothing else. i think anything different or pleasant we do with our children will be fondly remembered. yer boy will grow into his feet soon i'm sure. i have to say though, there is something about spring that makes me think this will only happen this way, this once though i know full well it will come again. i don't worry over the return of the other seasons so. it's not even my favorite season, for as a farmer it's the beginning of lots of work, but it's the one i worry about, so i make the most of it. silly huh?

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Nah, I don't think it's silly at all. I think the reason why so many people love spring, not only for the fact that winter is finally over, but for the fact that spring is a time of renewal. New grass is grown, new flowers begin blooming and the trees start to bud and sprout off their leaves, it's all a big birth really. My favorite part of spring is when the lilacs come back into season, even though it's for such a short time. Nothing makes me think of spring more than lilacs, I wish I could have them all year round. :D