Spoiler Cafe : Forum : What kind of reviews?

What kind of reviews?

13 Years Ago

For such a small group, there are a lot of books and stories posted here.  This is good; it means that we have a lot of writing to share with each other.  What I'd like to know is, what sort of reviews do you want?  See, I specialize in proofreading and editing.  I CAN give a general opinion of a story, but it may not be much use to the author.  On the other hand, I can give thorough proofreading along with that general opinion...   What I want for my own stories, I explain in my author's notes on each.  If you do happen to catch an error in punctuation or grammar, by all means let me know!  (Everyone needs an extra set of eyes sometimes.)  But mostly I just need reader response:  Are the characters interesting?  Do you care what happens to them?  Are there places where the plot drags?  Is the author having too much fun letting the reader think the wrong thing about one or more of the characters?

Re: What kind of reviews?

13 Years Ago

i think what youre looking for is what just about every author looks for in reviews. not very many people want jsut 'its good'
most authors want a reason why its god and an honest opinion. i think thats what we should go by when reviewing each others work.

if you disagree, by all means, let us know that way we can review u to ur liking.

Re: What kind of reviews?

13 Years Ago

I would never give just a "it's good" review, but beyond that, what do people want?  As I said, I do a lot of proofreading, but not everyone wants that.  Some people want to focus on a specific aspect of their writing and want ONLY that to be addressed in reviews.   (This is basically me saying "I would love to review some stuff from members of this group, but I can't if I don't know whether or not proofreading in the review is just going to get me a lot of angry responses.")