Steam Punkers : Forum : Getting to know you...

[reply] [quote]

Getting to know you...

11 Years Ago

Hi, guys.  Am I in a group, or a social experiment?  I've answered a thread, started a thread, posted a story, rated and commented on a story, and I'm still waiting for the first person to say something, anything, to me.  A dozen people (the dirty dozen, perhaps?) seems an excellent number to be a group, enough to feed an idea to extraordinary growth, yet small enough that no one's voice gets drowned out.  I picked up this little questionaire in another site I used to frequent that didn't pan out, and I'm going to put it up here, and see if anyone wants to play; if not, I don't know, I may have to move on to someplace where the members are, you know, alive.  So, to join the fun, copy and paste the questionnaire to the comment box, and fill it it.  Here are the questions: Name:
Home: 

Why do you like Steampunk?

Favorite Steampunk book: 
Favorite bit of steampunkish clothing: 

Favorite steampunky accessory:

Cake or Pie?

Best music in the world is: 

Are you a good egg?

What other genres do you like:

Favorite non steampunk book:
[reply] [quote]

Re: Getting to know you...

11 Years Ago

Name: Jack
Home: Southern California

Why do you like Steampunk?  Love that mix of Star Trek and 20,000 leagues.

Favorite Steampunk book:  One of Verne's classics, 20,000 Leagues or Master of the World, it will vary according to mood.

Favorite bit of steampunkish clothing:  Cool little engineer's cap I picked up. Stained, grubby, misshapen, makes it look like I've been around the block a couple of times.

Favorite steampunky accessory: The steampunk engineer's pin on the engineer's cap. Bronze wings with a silver gear in the middle, surmounted by a crown. Very stylish! I'm wearing it for my homepage photo.

Cake or Pie:  Chips. Almost every one of my 60 extra pounds is an indictment of the salty snacks.

Best music in the world is:  Smokin' hot blues played on a bourbon-soaked harmonica. Coincidence: July 8th, my blog post was about my favorite artist, with lots of pics and videos. Click back to my page; you'll find the link...

Are you a good egg?  When it works to my advantage.

What other genres groups do you like:  Fantasy, mystery, scifi.

Favorite non steampunk book:  The Drizzt Do'Urden saga, by R. A. Salvatore.   
[reply] [quote]

Re: Getting to know you...

9 Years Ago

Name: Allison Home: Virginia Why do you love steampunk: I love how it is quirky and unique and dark and an interesting form of self expression Favorite steampunk book: I haven't read any steampunk literature yet but my favorite steampunk movie is "stardust" and I'm fascinated with the culture and fashion Favorite piece of steampunk clothing: corsets and top hats Favorite steampunk accessory: skeleton key pendant cake or pie: can't choose between the two. They are both so delicious and you can get really creative with both Best music in the world: 90's alternative and industrial Are you a good egg: I'm a crazy b!+%# with a good heart What other genre do you like: fantasy, mystery, open to suggestions and recommendations Favorite non steampunk book: I'm not a big fan of the author but I love "public secrets" by Nora Roberts. It's main focus is a murder mystery set in the world of the music industry and the romance element isn't as sappy as most of her work