Stop Bullies On Cafe : Forum : Thoughts

Thoughts

13 Years Ago

Please everyone put a heart in it, give some ideas please.
I want to set a rule of this group, please give thoughts

Re: Thoughts

13 Years Ago

This group can do alot of good. I myself haven't noticed the problem, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If someone feels targeted in any way they should be able to come to this group and we try to solve it... Sometimes it helps to just vent the problem you know...

13 Years Ago

I, too, have seen this bullying. Also have experienced it. I believe that if a writer is being bullied, they should have help. <3

13 Years Ago

Ah shucks, I'm so glad you think I have a heart :D haha anyone who feels bullied in any way, should post it on here, everyone can take a look at it. If it's just harsh criticism then we can point it out and make the victim see that it is just criticism, if not, we can do something like send a message to the administrators or even cut off all ties with the bully, stop reviewing their work, stop contact, ignore and just flag up anything else they say, eventually if we keep it up and keep at the administrators about it then they will step in, but I think it's important to hear what the bully has to say, if s/he didn't mean for it to sound that way or whether they are just knobs! Point is saying something in text is harder than in person because you don't get emotion and stuff. What do people think? Not just a pretty face, eh?

13 Years Ago

I am tired of seeing people bullied . I hope this group can help... I also don't like a ' witch hunt '..which I have seen a few of lately.. I am sorry my thoughts are scattered today. Stayed up all night watching the coverage of the earthquake and tsunami ... hoping no more damage is done or people hurt or worse.
I think we are all on the same page.., if you are a bully, go back to grade school, or better yet, change your ways.
Thanks for inviting me to the group.

Chloe

13 Years Ago

I have never been bullied. Well perhaps because they haven't reached my page yet. I just hope I don't get one :( for those who have experienced it, I feel sorry for them. This group could help a lot to stop those kind of people in this cafe. We should act together as one since we're all part of the group.

13 Years Ago

I agree that no one should be bulied. Especially for a unique writing style. I've never been bullied, and though I wouldnt let it get to my head, there are people who it would greatly affect them. Bullying on writing is not fair. I think we should flag as many writers who bully others as we can. However, we should at least talk to them first because its not fair to convict someone of bullying without at least talking to them and figuring out why they're being (for lack of a better word) mean to others.  There is a difference between actual bullying and constructive criticism. Even harsh criticism isn't bullying. So we'd have to actually look at the comment or review or whatever to make sure it's actually bullying before confronting the person.  Thanks for thinking I have a heart sometimes in movies im not so sure =)

13 Years Ago

hey..thanks for making me a part of this group..even though i haven't been a victim of bullying till now,I'm aware that its very common on this site..I think all we can do is to try not to take it to heart and block whosoever is trying to bully you.. also I think it would be a good idea to ask people who have experienced it to post their experiences,how they dealt with it and most importantly the identity of the person trying to bully them..would help spread awareness..

13 Years Ago

I've been bullied in the past on the website..and it's been a terrible experience for me. I really think this is a great group because people get bullied all the time. Some people are really nice and they don't deserve what people get. I like the thought of this group.

13 Years Ago

Just what is it that you guys are planning to do about these bullies?

13 Years Ago

I think its good that we can have a group like this on here to show people that bullies on Cafe aren't welcomed.

13 Years Ago

I'm fairly new to Writer's Cafe, so I haven't experienced the problem yet, but I don't want to!  This is a problem that is as serious online as it is in real life and it just needs to stop.  People need to embrace positivity nowadays.

13 Years Ago

I haven't yet been bullied on here, but I have been at Queen Zone and Queen Online forums, so I must say, I know first-hand how it feels.

If anyone is a target to be bullied, it's ME ... for the stuff I write about. The content I write about turns heads and stomachs, I'm sure! lol But I must be true to myself.

Everyone should be able to be free and express their art, their own way. If they're not allowed to do that, something inside them DIES, and that is never a good thing. Art is another form of expressing the soul. Without expressing that deep, inner part of ourselves, we have no way of understanding ourselves, and letting others step into our minds.

People need to have more of an open mind, and allow others to be different.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Cynthia
Please everyone put a heart in it, give some ideas please.
I want to set a rule of this group, please give thoughts

The best way to beat a bully is to ignore them. This is the internet, not a school yard. If you don't like what someone says you don't have to listen, and if what they say goes against the rules of writerscafe then you report them.

And for god's sake don't reply to them. Bullies want attention, and nothing makes them happier than seeing that they affected you emotionally. If you b***h them out, call them an aweful person, admit that you're upset, the bully wins.

And don't start looking for bullies and going on a 'witch hunt' as people have described it, as this will only get out of hand and personally I think people will start reporting any kind of criticism that hurts their feelings, and if that happens there will be some major dramas and it will cause a lot of problems for writers cafe. If you see a bully, ignore, report, and move on. That's all.

13 Years Ago

I think it's awful that we are being terrorized even in such a small community. That just goes to show how unsafe the internet is really becoming. I have seen in a few times before. It was aimed at one of my dear friends on here. He was extremely rude to her about a message she sent him and left terrible comments on her Profile Page. It is something that people should be banned for, but our Moderators seem to have given up on us. :(

13 Years Ago

First of all wonderful idea. I have had a friend who has been bullied on here. Also not just bullied but also stalked by creepy old men. So to extend this brilliant idea I hope we also put a stop to online stalking. This site is to share work, and to express our art form as artists, not to be harassed by people. just a thought.

13 Years Ago

I have been attacked on here, oh not directly, but things were once said to some of my friends on my list, some may have been true, but i'm sure many were not, as a result I lost a few friends, they deleted me and banned me, without a word, that was unfair of them...no loss....I hope this site does good, and is not used for any personal vendetta's

Yours as always
                       Linear

13 Years Ago

i didnt even realize this was happening, its pretty pathetic to bully someone online, let alone here. i got spammed the other day here for the first time, so i guess even sites like these are prone to the underside of social media.
i joined the group to maybe help bring awareness, hope that can make people think twice before flaming people.

13 Years Ago

i think this bully thing should be stop right now, and the best way to stop that for me is to write something about it, whether the solution or even the real thing happening in this international organization..and i think, we should really start thinking about this serious thing, thinking about the possibilities that maybe someday, we are the reason why this bully thing stop...

13 Years Ago

I had an idea a few minutes ago. I haven't witnessed much bullying since I came here, but I have no doubt that it exists. The best thing anyone can do (aside from the awesome idea of the person above me to write about it) is so ignore it. If you see bullying, flag them once, and block/ ignore them. Do not send messages or harassments because bullies only bully for attention (giving it to them makes it worse). If they have an account, shun it, If they have writing they want reviewed, don't. Soon, they will grow bored and stop.