Story Craft : Forum : Let's get active!

Let's get active!

15 Years Ago

Send in your ideas for writing challenges so I can create a group competition that gets voted on by group members. Thusly encouraging eachother and getting good writers' feeback.

There is only one stipulation to the writing suggestions to this group. Every writing challenge or exercise must be based around or influenced by or progresses the concept of story making. In other words, 'ya gotta tell a story in it.'

Let me start off the challenges then.

I will come back with a story idea / exercise / challenge. You submit to it.

** Oh,... invite new writers to join this workshop group. Get a badge for reading and reviewing their stuff too. Remember, we were all newbies at some point.**

Cheers!
Doc.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

In addendum ...

Writing Challenges will run for 2 weeks followed by 1 week of voting. The winner gets the cool blue ribbon that everyone wants plus .... <insert drum roll here> ...
    - Featured writer until replaced by the next featured writer
    - Featured writing until replaced by the next featured writing
    - Pick the theme of the next writing challenge

Use your imaginations. Writing challenges are designed to stretch us. Us pictures from around the web. Read through the Story Craft elements that various writers have added to this group. Get engaged in the process. Get something submitted that doesn't just throw words together but tells a story. It can be as short as a haiku or a 10k words epic chapter [don't go that long tho]. The rating, the measure we should use, is does the writing really convey the story? Was it crafted well?

Cheers! Let's have fun with this!

Side note:
My mug and story are being featured at the moment, to be taken down soon. :)
I recently won a contest for a short story. Give it a read.
- Do note that as a contest creator, I am not in the running for future Story Craft contests b/c I create them. :P